This topic contains 51 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 7 years, 9 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #59263

    Alex Machone
    Participant

    naka,

    1 square character to appear at the end of each translated text.

    I also have this problem, but I don’t know how to fix it yet.

    Often the translated text is too long and overlap the menus. There are many cases when it is impossible too make a shorter translations.

    Yes, you are right. 😳 I have many work to do with this russificator. I’m working on a new version of the russificator and I will try to fix this problem too. Also there are some text that are not translatred. But I don’t have a full list of the in-game text yet.

    Thanks for the report. 😀

    (sorry for my terrible english)

    #59264

    naka
    Participant

    @alex Machone wrote:

    Often the translated text is too long and overlap the menus. There are many cases when it is impossible too make a shorter translations.

    Yes, you are right. 😳 I have many work to do with this russificator. I’m working on a new version of the russificator and I will try to fix this problem too. Also there are some text that are not translatred. But I don’t have a full list of the in-game text yet.

    No, No, thats not the problem of translation, but in the menus. They must automatically extend to fit the text. There must not be a compromises with the translation quality!

    The problems may exist not only with russian but with the other languages too.

    #59265

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @yusuf wrote:

    Where is the new GUI mr G? Not planning to use it in the new release?

    I didn’t think the gui work ever reached completion, I may be wrong tho 🙂

    #59266

    Rommel
    Participant

    No problems on install.
    Did note that upon destruction of a nuclear plant
    I was not awarded the points for the heavy destruction
    it caused, nor allowed to utilize the extra life earned.

    It was the last round and the bot killed me as the nuclear
    plant was exploding. The game was awarded immediately,
    leaving me to watch my plan execute perfectly but a few
    seconds too late to be counted.

    It looks nice and plays well so far but like some of the
    other reports, I’m having a little difficulty with the firing
    style.

    Later

    #59267

    Stil8
    Participant

    I like this version. One thing I have a problem with though is that the shot view camera switches (or at least it tries to) between players in TurnFree and I like that camera setting. Is it possible for it to be changed, so that the camera follows my shot only?
    Other than that I haven’t noticed any other big(ger) issues.

    Pretty good performance considering I got smooth gameplay even at 50% CPU capacity on battery power.

    =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

    #59268

    BOY
    Participant

    I must say, the game mode TurnFree is nothing short of REVOLUTIONARY. This is going to be a whole new ballgame people. This is the next level. Gavin, I love you.

    No bugs found yet in the client, but trying to join the beta server causes me to crash. I’m sure its my pc though and not the server. I will keep at it.

    #59269

    The AI
    Participant

    If the merge server is any indication, Scorch Wars will be bloody amazing running on the beta version. Although I’d settle for more people to shoot at, at the moment.

    The main addition that I think would be most useful, would be to have the shot camera actually track the last round you fired, so you could keep an eye on it while planning your next move. As things stand at the moment, it is pretty easy to lose track of your shot.

    Am I the only one imagining opscorched with these new server settings?

    #59270

    Rommel
    Participant

    The object overlap may still be an issue with OpScorched. Not sure.

    @The AI wrote:

    If the merge server is any indication, Scorch Wars will be bloody amazing running on the beta version. Although I’d settle for more people to shoot at, at the moment.

    The main addition that I think would be most useful, would be to have the shot camera actually track the last round you fired, so you could keep an eye on it while planning your next move. As things stand at the moment, it is pretty easy to lose track of your shot.

    Am I the only one imagining opscorched with these new server settings?

    Since I never use the shot cam, a button option to zoom the strike location on the playfield would work best for me.

    #59271

    BOY
    Participant

    @The AI wrote:

    Am I the only one imagining opscorched with these new server settings?

    aww, now you’ve gone and mentioned Bobirov and made me sad. If only we could get a hold of him and get him reved up again.

    Gavin, I’ve maybe found a minor bug. In TurnFree mode, if all players successively skip one turn, the round will end. My thinking is it should not end unless all players have skipped all turns, but this isn’t really a bug if that is the way it is intended to work.

    #59272

    Rommel
    Participant

    The skip feature may not be isolated to skips only.
    In my confusion on the firing, I think I missed a
    shot and the bot skipped. The message sent said
    something to the effect of :

    All Players Skip – End of Round

    I wasn’t ready to throw in the towel and don’t
    think I skipped.

    P.S. – About Rob, I miss him too and hope that,
    his absence only indicates that painted wings
    and giant rings have made way for other toys.
    He was a great contributor in many ways.

    #59273

    yusuf
    Participant

    @mr.G wrote:

    I didn’t think the gui work ever reached completion, I may be wrong tho 🙂

    No? what help do you need from my side to get this done? i believe i have placed all technicalities and images that needed to be presented. Please tell me if iam missing something and finish this project!

    #59274

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @yusuf wrote:

    @mr.G wrote:

    I didn’t think the gui work ever reached completion, I may be wrong tho 🙂

    No? what help do you need from my side to get this done? i believe i have placed all technicalities and images that needed to be presented. Please tell me if iam missing something and finish this project!

    Ah cool, may have just missed it, can I be a pain and ask you to link to the discussion again. Thanks.

    #59275

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    Thanks for the feedback. I’m recording them all for the final version.

    Had a few people commenting on the skip feature. So if all the players that are alive have either skipped or missed the current turn then the round will end. If people miss/skip different turns it makes no difference. From the feedback, I am thinking of relaxing the missed turn criteria so you can miss two or three before it ends (but it still ends straight away if you explicitly skip).

    This feature is basicaly so if there are people AFK or players deadlocked then the game will end before having to wait for the timer to end (or before needing to kick the AFK people).

    #59276

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    Changed the server to use the free for all mode for a bit more testing. Let the confusion start 🙂

    #59277

    The AI
    Participant

    The bot doesn’t seem to like to shoot much on turnfree. It shot maybe once or twice in an entire match, and never used a shield. At one point it did use fuel though (which, strangely enough, cause the camera to track it instead of me).

    Another strange anomaly I’ve noticed, is that when I quit a match, I seem to ‘linger’ on the server, with my name showing up on the player list well after I’m gone.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.