This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 10 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Scorched3D version 41beta is a trial release of Scorched3D.

This is not intended to replace version 40.1d as the current recommended release, but instead to help the development team find any issues with version 41 (yes we are that lazy 🙂 **).

Anyone wishing to try version 41 can download this trial release and report any bugs in the appropriate forum.

Windows installer (45MB)
    Linux RPM (57MB)

Note: When installing it is recommended that you install into a seperate directory to avoid overwriting other versions of Scorched3D.

For the full list of changes see here.

** joking!!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Just to clarify that this is really the first release candiate for version 41, and is as far as we know bug free.

The tournament server has been setup to allow people to play the new versoin online.

Princey
    Participant

Looks good so far although I have not played against people online yet? Any news on Final release? 😆

Deathstryker
    Participant

@gavin wrote:

** joking!!

Speak for yourself.

@princey wrote:

Any news on Final release? 😆

That depends on the amount of bugs people find with the beta. It’s anyone’s guess.

Maxi
    Participant

i am gona try it…must be good and nice job…

Princey
    Participant

Yeah i was a little premature with that first comment.. It turns out that as i was testing the new version today, a slight annoying problem has occured.. When you Enter a game seems fine but does conflict a lot if previous version is still installed on your system. Mainly because i think when you download the files into the beta release, it overwrites to the same folders as previous version which is annoying as you have to delete old one to avoid conflicts..

Secondly, When you exit a game, Your Name will still be on the server list and it will still have you down as still playing even though you’ve left and it does not recognise your off until previous game is timed out.

Anyone else noticed these or is it just me..> 😆

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@princey wrote:

When you Enter a game seems fine but does conflict a lot if previous version is still installed on your system. Mainly because i think when you download the files into the beta release, it overwrites to the same folders as previous version which is annoying as you have to delete old one to avoid conflicts..

yeah we knew about this before release, we could have changed the settings directory for the beta but thought it was better to keep everyones stats ids etc intact .

Secondly, When you exit a game, Your Name will still be on the server list and it will still have you down as still playing even though you’ve left and it does not recognise your off until previous game is timed out.

You will be still be “playing” until the shots end. Other bugs have been mentioned in the bugs forum.

Drewstre
    Participant

Gavin-
    I’ve been playing a ton of Scorched lately… Thanks for all your hard work.

I got a new quad-core 3GHz Mac Pro at work, and loaded up Scorched to see how it runs… as expected, it runs like a dream. Sooo pretty. While I was, uh, evaluating it, a couple of co-workers walked by and saw it. “Oh wow!” “Holy crap what is that?” “Where do I get it?” They sat and watched me play for almost half an hour, while I told them all about the game. They were _loving_ it, and couldn’t believe me when I told them it’s free.

On to my question… not to rush you, but any idea when a Mac version of the v41 will be available?

Thanks again. Off to play some more…
    Drewstre

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@drewstre wrote:

On to my question… not to rush you, but any idea when a Mac version of the v41 will be available?

Glad you are enjoying things, I will probably try to get a mac version out for the BETA2 which should be soon.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.