This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  hobbesme 12 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

hobbesme
    Participant

@gacmp wrote:

I was waiting for other people’s feedback on this one.

its just quiet here at the moment. Perhaps people are playing HL2 instead.

Perhaps it’s quiet because, for the last week & a half, this website (Stats & Forums) has been butt-slow to load — at least for me.

And I mean, butt-slow — each page takes at least 10 seconds if not 20-40 seconds to load. Used to take 2-5 seconds at most.

And this only started for me about a week or more ago.

No other webpages are loading slow for me, so it’s not my connection or ISP. Only this website is behaving so slowly.

Anyone else notice this?

Deathstryker
    Participant

It’s been doing this off and on for about a year now. And yeah I noticed it today as well.

hobbesme
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

It’s been doing this off and on for about a year now. And yeah I noticed it today as well.

And ironically enough, a few hours after my post, the website is back up lightning fast — after DAYS of being butt-slow.

Oh well, the squeaky poster gets the bandwidth …

Willis
    Participant

Well being of dial up – have I noticed? No 😆

Anonymous
    Participant

@willis wrote:

Well being of dial up – have I noticed? No 😆

I have 56k as well but even I notice a lag. It was going so slow that you couldn’t even get to a page at times.

Don’t worry Hobbes, it’ll be back.

Ebonite
    Participant

quite slow here…

hobbesme
    Participant

@hobbesme [Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:33 pm] wrote:

for the last week & a half, this website … has been butt-slow — each page takes at least 10 seconds if not 20-40 seconds to load. Used to take 2-5 seconds at most.

@hobbesme [Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:25 pm] wrote:

the website is back up lightning fast

Well, this website can’t make up its mind on how fast it wants to be.

In the last day, it’s been SLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW, then reasonable, then SLOOOOWWW again, now OK, SLOW, FAST, SLOW, etc.

When it’s been REAL slow, it takes 30-60 seconds to load webpages.

Is your web server provider slow? Overloaded? Bottlenecked?
    Is the network traffic near to your web server provider overloaded?

Whatever the case, this website is ALMOST getting unuseable. A few of us are toughing it out, but clearly there has been a drastic reduction in the number of posts & I think it’s because the website is responding so poorly.

Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.