This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BigBear 12 years ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yes thats right. Only counting downloads from the official mirrors we now have over 1,000,000 downloads. And with new versions still coming out lets hope it continues.

The current breakdown is:-
    100,000 from the old Scorched3D site on sunsite.
    430,000 from Download.com
    570,000 from Sourceforge.net

(Yes, I know that adds up to 1.1M. I missed the actual 1M mark).

A good time to thank all those people involved again, Thanks!

jdog
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Yes thats right. Only counting downloads from the official mirrors we now have over 1,000,000 downloads. And with new versions still coming out lets hope it continues.

The current breakdown is:-
    100,000 from the old Scorched3D site on sunsite.
    430,000 from Download.com
    570,000 from Sourceforge.net

(Yes, I know that adds up to 1.1M. I missed the actual 1M mark).

A good time to thank all those people involved again, Thanks!

Whoooooooooooa. Awsome!

Willis
    Participant

Do you have any breakdown on individual download status?

Such as for example v38 or better yet v39?

Deathstryker
    Participant

I’m pretty sure you can only get that kind of info from the sourceforge mirror, Willis. They have stats on each version.

Download.com doesn’t reset the download status after each new version is uploaded therefore it builds up. The only way you could tell is if he wrote down the number of downloads before they uploaded a new version and compared the number to now.

As far as Gavin’s old site, it only contained the earliest versions of Scorched so you’ll not get info of v38 or v39 there and I doubt he probably kept track of each individual version there anyway.

Am I right Gav?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Am I right Gav?

Yes correct on all accounts.

I guess we could get a trend from sourceforge. I may also have access to more detailed stats from download.com but I can’t remeber how long they are kep for.

Heres the graph from downloads over time from sourceforge,
    http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/detail.php?group_id=85144&ugn=scorched3d&mode=alltime&&type=prdownload
    Seems highest in mid 2004, but download.com probably took away a few.

BOY
    Participant

a million is such a cool number. 😀

Deathstryker
    Participant

Then, of course, you can see the number of downloads of each version on the files section of sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=85144

Willis
    Participant

Well, sourceforge shows about 54,000 downloads of v39 materials.

Now I know the science is dead wrong, but 54k from 570k is 0.0947%

Download.com, Gavin mentioned 430k. Which pulls out around 40.75k.

Again this is all assumption work, but if source-forge has a bigger user ratio (which I no doubt would suspect) lets give it at 2-3 ratio (so for every 2 download.com users there are 3 sourceforge users.).

This guesses download.com at about 27k of downloads.

Rounding down to the 10’s of thousands. This pulls out about 80,000 downloads of v39 materials. But at least 54/55k is real.

Blasterman
    Participant

Allright! We may be reaching out to others more quickly now. Should we advertise now? j/k lol. Anyways, a million DLs… that’s quite a feat. But there is only one problem, how many of them are regulars like me, sondra, apache, brain, etc.? If this was number would go up, it would mean we would have to find more servers for gavin! 😛 And that’s not one of my strong suits!

apache64d
    Participant

Yeeehaaaa!! way to go Gavin!!
    I think 2 million is not a dream. Keep on.

apache.

DireWolf
    Participant

Congrats Gavin, thats a lotta bandwidth!!! 😯

BigBear
    Participant

Very cool!!! 8)

And as far as rookies becoming regulars, sort the main stats according to time played. Then you’ll find me, brain, soul and jock all in the top 15 :D. ME (:) is no 20 although he hasn’t been on lately. Not bad at all!

Let’s keep spreading out to the farthest reaches of the galax… *stops before totally losing it*

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.