This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I’ve just noticed that the total downloads for Scorched3D from the official servers has now passed the 500,000 mark.

The current breakdown is:-
    100,000 from the old Scorched3D site on sunsite.
    189,000 from Download.com
    221,000 from Sourceforge.net

Half of these downloads are for versions 37, 37.1 and 37.2.

A good time to thank all those people involved again, Thanks!

Ebonite
    Participant

wewt! thanks team! 8) 8) 8)

Anonymous
    Participant

:mrgreen: 1 000 000 ain’t far away

Gooseberry
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

I’ve just noticed that the total downloads for Scorched3D from the official servers has now passed the 500,000 mark.

The current breakdown is:-
    100,000 from the old Scorched3D site on sunsite.
    189,000 from Download.com
    221,000 from Sourceforge.net

Half of these downloads are for versions 37, 37.1 and 37.2.

A good time to thank all those people involved again, Thanks!

What would happen if these half a million people decided to play online? someday i bet theres gonna have to be a few more official servers to play on, cause this games awesome.

Willis
    Participant

No kidding, Theres such a small margin of people (Maybe… well my counts probably low but I’d guess 35-40 “regulars”) plus some new people visiting all the time.

If we were to get an average of 15-20 ppl around (overall current average is 5-10. . . )
    *Lock n Loads DH’s* 😈

hobbesme
    Participant

@willis wrote:

my counts probably low but I’d guess 35-40 “regulars”) plus some new people visiting all the time.

I think it’s higher than 35-40 — take a look at the top 100 or 200 players — there are a lot of dead players (i.e. players that haven’t played in months) — but there is at least a good 50-100 players who are currently playing & increasing their kills, rank, & overall stats.

In fact, I just checked — 62 of the top 100 players have played within the last two weeks (according to their last time connected) — 38 of the top 50 within the last week!

So, including all the thousands of noobs &/or dead players, there must be at least 100 players playing each week, with at least 50+ regulars.

Anonymous
    Participant

Allright! Half-a-million downloads… shouldn’t take much longer to get to one million now! Especially with the popularity this game has been getting now. That and once version 38 comes out… (whenever that is…) we could be facing a crisis: Jam-packed severs! lol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.