This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Thrax
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

They contacted me before but did pretty much all of the work themselves.
    As far as I know they are using their own particle engine, UI toolkit and
    rewrote a lot of the server back end code. I’m pretty sure it won’t work
    the opensource game. However they have said they want to put code
    back into the opensource project, but I dont know what that involves.

I have to admit, it does look like it processes rather smoothly on that little
    screen. And strangely enough, thier menus and borders look kinda neat.
    If they were interested in compatability for thier players into our servers,
    i’d be all for thier input. We had tossed around the idea of Ports into other
    types of devices.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I think they forked the code before the large v43 server code changes I made for real-time play, so I don’t know how easy it would be to port stuff back over. I would be interested in the particle changes though, they said it was much faster after that. I could understand if they didnt want to release any work they did to make it easy to port to phones, as I understand it they also want to bring it out on other devices too.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I have an iPhone and cannont get the link. Seems they are offlline for now.

Deathstryker
    Participant

I’m surprised these guys don’t talk on the forums.

Think we should have a iPhone sub-forum when it’s released?

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I would agree DS I will more than likely get fired once the app is realeased scorched addicts beware. I sawthe demo last night I can’t wait.

Thrax
    Participant

@pastor of muppets wrote:

I would agree DS I will more than likely get fired once the app is realeased scorched addicts beware. I sawthe demo last night I can’t wait.

As long as you remember that it only would work between 2+ i-touch’s. That
    version cannot join us on the main servers. And it also might be that thier
    alterations now block them from Mods.
    You’d be rather lonely, while the rest of us wondered where you were.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

They have managed to register the scorched3d.com domain and will be setting up a community there. As yet there’s been no decision on how these two sites will be linked.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

They have managed to register the scorched3d.com domain and will be setting up a community there. As yet there’s been no decision on how these two sites will be linked.

Doesn’t that make things kind’ve confusing to have one site for the PC version and one site for the iPhone version yet there is nothing that distinguishes the two in the URL?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Dunno Im sure we’ll sort it out.

zombie
    Participant

wow 😀 as i have imagined and discussed is becoming a reality . =D> soon we can scorch with mobile phone also. it is good thing about game also as it is definitely going to boost our player base. and few of them will certainly would like to enjoy game in full platform. waiting for symbian version of the game.

Thrax
    Participant

@zombie wrote:

wow 😀 as i have imagined and discussed is becoming a reality . =D>
    soon we can scorch with mobile phone also. it is good thing about game also as
    it is definitely going to boost our player base. and few of them will certainly
    would like to enjoy game in full platform. waiting for symbian version of the
    game.

Yes, and no.. sadly.

While the I-touch copy is well made and looks truely like an adapted version
    of our project, it is cruely chopped off from us. Players with thier i-touch’s
    will not see us. It is a completely seperate system. Since they chose
    to develope it in secret with old copies of our code, they can’t access
    our servers or use our Mods.

We can only hope that some of them will dig into the origin, and look for the
    real version.

Maybe if there is enough popularity, and if the i-touch players notice what
    is missing, they may beg the designers to communicate with us for a better
    solution.

zombie
    Participant

be optimistic may be both or all platform get cross connected. as somebody is playing with linux or windows. as for now to get full experience more ppl will come to main server. Amen.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

@zombie wrote:

wow 😀 as i have imagined and discussed is becoming a reality . =D>
    soon we can scorch with mobile phone also. it is good thing about game also as
    it is definitely going to boost our player base. and few of them will certainly
    would like to enjoy game in full platform. waiting for symbian version of the
    game.

Yes, and no.. sadly.

While the I-touch copy is well made and looks truely like an adapted version
    of our project, it is cruely chopped off from us. Players with thier i-touch’s
    will not see us. It is a completely seperate system. Since they chose
    to develope it in secret with old copies of our code, they can’t access
    our servers or use our Mods.

We can only hope that some of them will dig into the origin, and look for the
    real version.

Maybe if there is enough popularity, and if the i-touch players notice what
    is missing, they may beg the designers to communicate with us for a better
    solution.

I really wish they would have worked with us more on this in linking the two games a little more. I think everyone would have benefited more from it.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

perhaps they included a URL with their release 🙂 if not, they probably could 😛

Kanga

imported_gcamp
    Participant

They had the original code, I don’t think they wanted to connect the two. Besides at the pace the open source one some times moves at I don’t know how long they would be compatible. Most games even across PC/console aren’t playable against each other, especialy when the computer players have such a advantage.

I don’t think people will be sitting at home playing, when about or on the move they play the iPhone version. If they like it and come home they may play this version.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.