This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Eurocenter, the team behind bringing Scorched3D to the iPhone, are at the GDC in San Francisco at the moment.

One of the most popular iPhone websites (toucharcade) has written up their first impressions, including some ingame footage. It all looks very cool, and Eurocenter have some great community ideas around the whole project.

http://toucharcade.com/2010/03/11/gdc-2010-eurocenter-bringing-scorch-3d-to-iphone/

Update : 23 Aug 2010

Sorry that we have not sent a lot of updates about the project recently. We were quite busy with the launch of iPad and iPhone4 and also had good success with our game GraalOnline Classic.

We are still working on Scorched3D and plan to release it on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. We are currently working on a replay-feature so that players can watch the shoot again because on the small screen it can sometimes get confusing when a lot of missiles are flying around and it’s always fun to see the big explosions again. We are also working on improving the interface.

The plan is to release the game before the end of this year.

tlon
    Participant

Looks nice but its tricky to play with your fingers 🙂 Need special skills 🙂

The AI
    Participant

Would you like mention of this in the current article I’m working on, or would you prefer I save it for the next?

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

Cool. Looks like they’ve done a really good job. What’s with the giant floating spaceships?

Deathstryker
    Participant

Interesting. Didn’t even know about this.

bazzz
    Participant

Yeah, total surprise but a good platform to add new players.

But will it have different servers from the original and would we see any Iphoners on the original servers? I suppose the gameplay would be slightly different since mobile gaming is mainly casual, not for long hauls usually.

So would it be a different game really? Or will we meet the mobile scorchers in our servers?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

i may have ti get an iphone now… does it support mods?

fab4
    Participant

Very impressive.

I’m assuming this game will also work on the latest generation iPod Touch. How about the iPad?

Lastly, will the iPhone/iPod Touch versions be able to compete with networked opponents playing on computers?

Irishbandit
    Participant

OK that just looks cool!! 😯 😯

Thrax
    Participant

TouchArcade seemed to be down, or not responding when i tried.

i’d assume it would work on the i-pad, since it’s only a bigger version of a touch.

And i’d also assume that mods would be capable. The core pack requires the
    mod-files for itself, so it must read the basic text based xml files, images, and
    sound files. If they built it with the source we all use, it would auto-download
    mods like any other OS.

I’ll have to see what it’s like when i can actually get to that web-site.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

TouchArcade seemed to be down, or not responding when i tried.

i’d assume it would work on the i-pad, since it’s only a bigger version of a touch.

And i’d also assume that mods would be capable. The core pack requires the
    mod-files for itself, so it must read the basic text based xml files, images, and
    sound files. If they built it with the source we all use, it would auto-download
    mods like any other OS.

I’ll have to see what it’s like when i can actually get to that web-site.

Site works fine for me. However, if anyone is still having problems, here’s a direct link to the youtube vid:

BOY
    Participant

Extreemely nift!

oh noez! I don’t have an iphone!

Viking62
    Participant

Can see it now: 10 o’clock news- Person drives into a lake while playing with their iPhone in the evening(dark outside)while trying to drive. When asked why the person crashed!? ….. . .”The Death’s Head explosion blinded me temporarily”.

Seriously-It is great that Scorched3d is being made available to the iPhone crowd =D>

Thrax
    Participant

ha.. saw the youtube instead.
    very interesting customization of the interface, but can still tell where they
    used a large part of our source. Did they contact us at all before or after?

if we’d known they were trying, we could have made it compatable with
    our version and get more into the true scorched3d gang. As it looks there,
    it’s a complete split off. that version won’t work on any of the current build
    servers. they cannot join us in games; only eachother..

imported_gcamp
    Participant

They contacted me before but did pretty much all of the work themselves. As far as I know they are using their own particle engine, UI toolkit and rewrote a lot of the server back end code. I’m pretty sure it won’t work the opensource game. However they have said they want to put code back into the opensource project, but I dont know what that involves.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.