This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sean10mm 10 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Loke
    Participant

Hi

Im having problems with scorched hanging/ freezing and all I can do is suspend to ram – then start up again. It happens if I try to alt-tab, but only in 1 out of 15 occasions.

Harware:
    ibm t40 – ati mobile 7500 with 32 dedicated ram – 1 GB ram

Hope there is a solution;)

Loke

cbx550f
    Participant

What OS, Loke?

Loke
    Participant

xp pro – forgot that and the drivers, service packs and patches are are up to date.

cbx550f
    Participant

It sounds suspiciously like a driver issue, so here comes the canned question 😉
    Driver from IBM or from ATI?

OEM drivers have a habit of being outdated/buggy, so if it’s an IBM (or Microsoft) driver, try the one from ATI.
    Actually, if you’re using the ATI driver, grab one from IBM to try, and/or try an older ATI driver, just in case its a new bug.

That’s about all I have, HTH. 😉

cbx

Loke
    Participant

Im using IBM update, so I dont know if its a MS or ATI driver. Ill try to install “the other” and see if it helps.

Thx for the advice;)

Loke

Deathstryker
    Participant

Also, what version is this happening on? 40 or 41?

sean10mm
    Participant

I’ve experienced a similar problem with release 40.1d after upgrading to the latest nVidia WHQL drivers (Forceware 162.18 ) for my 8800 GTS 640MB. The game will run fine for a while, then hang for several seconds, then run fine for a while, then eventually it will hard lock. On the previous drivers I’d rarely get hard crashes but not the intermittent freezes like this.

EDIT: Forgot to add, the problem seems completely random. Sometimes it runs just fine for an entire game, other times I get the problem.

I haven’t seen this in other 3D games FWIW. I play with my anti-virus software turned off.

Basic system specs:

Core 2 Duo E6600
    4 GB DDR2
    Geforce 8800 GTS 640 MB
    Windows XP w/all current updates

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.