This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    Participant

Greetings to all the Socrched 3D community,

I’m a collaborator of an Italian PC gaming magazine, The Games Machine (website: http://www.tgmonline.it). I take care of the freeware section of the cover DVD, choosing some games to be highlighted every month.

I’m glad to let you know that I decided to take Scorched 3D for one of the next DVDs of the magazine – maybe for the December issue already.

I really appreciated the overall quality of the game: excellent graphics, very configurable, and for once the concept of a 2D game was greatly transferred in a 3D environment.

Congratulations to the team for the excellent work.

Davide Mascolo, Sermoneta, Italy

Cambo
    Participant

We’ve been doing a lot of work on the graphics lately…. before you go to press ask for screenshots of the latest CVS version and the pictures will be a lot better!!!

Cam

Anonymous
    Participant

Do you mean it’s better if I wait some time for a new and improved version to be released?

Anonymous
    Participant

Gendo: I think you should wait for v36, (Current is v35), the new version has MUCH improved graphics, it looks awesome, look at the top screenshots here: http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/screens.html

// Christopher

Anonymous
    Participant

I’ll also take the chance to say that you are doing great team! But you must work on that game font 😳 It makes the game look worse than it is. Try a more compact one that is less tall..

It’s also in my opinion that this should be a $10 or so shareware game, I and a lot of people would buy it, and if someone piracies it, so be it, it’s not like it is lost revenue, because the people who do that would never buy it in the first place. You guys deserve some reward for this other than the satisfaction of all the players 🙂

At least put up a donate link 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Do you mean it’s better if I wait some time for a new and improved version to be released?

New versions will almost always be better. Its always the same problem in life, get it now or wait for the next better version. You can end up waiting forever 🙂

But you must work on that game font

The fonts are customizable, just needs a bitmap with all the letters in it.
    Or if you have a truetype font that you would prefer, mail it and I will have a look at it.

At least put up a donate link

We recently have, it is at the bottom of the page. 🙂

Anonymous
    Participant

I know you don’t have deadlines, but when you think V36 will be released?

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi,

I’m glad that I waited. I’m downloading and reading in the meanwhile, and I’m impressed at how much improvements you did from the previous version. Since I’ll go abroad within a week for Christmas vacations, I think I’ll review the game before then, so to have it in the DVD within the next few months 🙂

Congratulations for all you work.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks dude, I look forward to reading about it 🙂 any chance of a copy?

Its gradually getting there :).

X0563511
    Participant

Hey, you might want to send this game off to PC Gamer magazine. Its weird playing this game for free… guess im not used to good games being free.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Sounds like a good idea, any idea of how I should contact pc gamer?

The game has been on lots of CDs in Europe, USA, Japan etc. but I don’t know of one in the UK. That is what I really want since I am based here.

Anonymous
    Participant

PC Gamer is easy to get a hold of. The EMAIL is letters@pcgamer.com. The man you should talk to is Greg Vederman. He’s in charge of the CDs.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.