This topic contains 102 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  DireWolf 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

[flash=128,128:2ko6kvpu]http://sourcepit.co.uk/s3dtemp/fire.swf[/flash:2ko6kvpu]
    (right click and click play)

ArmorWraith
    Participant

nice 😀

Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

red buttons and fire orbs. id be a bit worried that people’d think it’s one of those trick giant download links you get through google ads. i’ll post anyway since i had a play.

I share your concern.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

could someone make a nice download icon to go here?:
    [attachment=0:gxl9efg6]downloadicon.png[/attachment:gxl9efg6]
    something cartoony? a red box with a little arrow or something could be nice. itd need an alpha background.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

a tank model with an arrow could be cool.

What’s the bunny come up with lately that would look cool?

Tom.K
    Participant

Why not target circle? I mean, when you’ve already added shooting trace when clicked.
    Just like this could be enough. Or, you just need to make it gray at least.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Something like this ish? Theese are just a test, will get more creative if necessary. Im mostly looking for size and color right now.

Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

IMO, they need to have a ‘down arrow’ to signify ‘Download’, although sometimes things look better without the hint.

QuadShotz
    Participant

oops, dupe post

QuadShotz
    Participant

gime a sec, hava idea…assuming color theme stays intact. 😉

Ya didn’t say size, so I made large..can resize down EZ, up not so much. 😉

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

bout this size or something?
    [attachment=0:3hy03g3z]quad.jpg[/attachment:3hy03g3z]

i can see a 3d red box with a curved arrow. no one seems to have made it yet. maybe it rotates? i dont have it in me to make one at the mo.

is red the right colour? helps to put ideas on screenshots for a proper look.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I do like Quads attempt, but I agree, the red is not right for the banner, it should be grey IMO.

Just loaded it up in GIMP, the grey background to the image means it should work well, but the arrow should be below (or above and below I thought about).

Quad, could you try changing the highlighting red to grey instead.

That being said, looking at the banner again, I’m not sure an icon will look right, it’s already getting a touch cluttered in there.

P.S.
    Is it just me, or does the top right corner look like it’s clickable, I can see it’s just the angle of the mountain playing tricks on my eyes, but it does look like the image is being folded back?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Here is the grey test tank icon.

Like I said before, nothing on the homepage screams tank game… Unless they play the video. the bullets are nice and all, but do they really make sense? Were not a first person halo shooter…

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

could we have a really minimal white tank symbol, almost like a character from a font? i did have a go at that a while ago – didnt quite pull it off. or, maybe it’s a bad idea. the download link is duplicated anyway.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

another test, I like the blue glow

The tank is from a font ahah, but ill make a cartoony one.
    We could always change the extra button to donate.
    Armor

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.