This topic contains 102 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  DireWolf 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

this seems like asking ‘could i have some free money please’, but, if anyone has a clever instant way of doing that in AS3, please post : )

ive never done this, but how about adding a second bitmap with each hole at the same position, to a higher layer. the second bitmap would be just the black bit.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

wow, that was a quick response. thanks laptop. that might work.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

wow, that was a quick response. thanks laptop. that might work.

You sad pathetic…

Ah that’ll do, I’ve said it enough times already ;P

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i was being polite. im not messing about with that for a gimmick. it wouldnt work anyway. i find it’s best just to humour laptop when he’s being smart.

ive added bullet holes. the sound is the large explosion from the game. if you cilck around, you may hit one of the hidden links. please consider that a bonus free feature – it’s definitely not a bug, probably

ps:
    if you cant help clicking it repeatedly and you dont want to hit links, there’s a secret clickable at the far top left. click that and the video and links get removed.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Nice, but I can’t find the button.

Why not just have a lil text link:

“Just shoot stuff”

To allow just shooting!

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

it’s as far into the top left of the flash as you can go, beyond the visible bit and the shadow. it wasnt meant for that purpose, really. i added it as an easy way to update the static image, case we change the background videos or something.

we could do all sorts. youve seen what flash molehill* can do, peanut. flash 11’s been released now. i expect it’d take a port of the full game if anyone had the time/inclination/talent.

*for anyone who’s not heard of that, it’s a 3d gpu acceleration api for flash. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgwi0lWgX8w i think it’s going to be huge. instant cross-platform – that’s the selling point (bit like javavm)

Anonymous

I see you added some Game Server events there, that’s real nice actually. but it does make the whole banner a bit crowded, or so I think. How about putting the server events on the top of the menu bar, just over the home | Download etc. buttons, in a kind of recessed window, and use a font that would be reminiscent of teletype/telex? I think that would be nice, especially if it appears typed letter by letter, fast but sequential? Just throwing ideas here but I like the idea of being able to see the action 🙂

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

we’ve had that functionality for ages. the database was called for every page, previously, and it was tying up the DB. what ive done this time, is have a static xml prepared on a timer every 10 mins, so we get just the one query.

i like the idea of recessed windows and retro fonts : )

ps:
    ive added a google +1 button. it needs testing.

Anonymous

I’ve tested the button earlier today, it works, BUT for some reason that is only on the main page, when I am here in the forums for some reason it shows a diff. value. (i.e. doesn’t show my +1)

Also am just noticing in the typing window that the title of the thread is actually dropping off the left side of the screen if you’re no in full screen mode, minor point but for us poor souls with only one monitor 😉

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i dont seen any +1’s at all yet. this is new to me – i may not have done it right.

@| Hayt | wrote:

Also am just noticing in the typing window that the title of the thread is actually dropping off the left side of the screen if you’re no in full screen mode, minor point but for us poor souls with only one monitor 😉

k. thanks. i know what you mean i think. there are a few quirks like that.

Anonymous
    Laptops Daddy wrote:
    i dont seen any +1’s at all yet. this is new to me – i may not have done it right.
    It’s on the online servers page where I plussedone 😉

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

wrong thread, mate. nice model though.

ps:
    im still liking that fire orb

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Love the banner mate… Gonna be saying “Game server event: Peanut’s Revenge was the overall winner” for a while now 😀

Thanks mate 😉

ArmorWraith
    Participant

hmm thats wierd.. I swore that was in my thread..hmm. Sorry

What fire orb? Oh yeah, nvm. yeh its nice.

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

red buttons and fire orbs. id be a bit worried that people’d think it’s one of those trick giant download links you get through google ads. i’ll post anyway since i had a play.
    [attachment=1:14vmahiy]fire1.png[/attachment:14vmahiy]
    [attachment=0:14vmahiy]dontknow1.jpg[/attachment:14vmahiy]

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.