This topic contains 102 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  DireWolf 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Tom.K
    Participant

First one is better, but make it more thick, fire doesn’t have to be that small (Oh yeah, the bomb). Add secondary flames a bit?

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

…we cant have a bomb on its own. as the centre for a white ‘o’, it could be perfect.

i tried that and it didnt work. im trying to incorporate everyone’s suggestions.

some of this is tricky stuff. this is a vector/raster hybrid, which’ll work well in flash (sounds very impressive – i just mean it’s raster in the middle with a vector outline, but it is tricky):
    [attachment=2:25zq3vce]s3dlogo_nostroke.png[/attachment:25zq3vce]
    [attachment=1:25zq3vce]thumbs.png[/attachment:25zq3vce]
    im hoping we’ve got something we can work with there. if we stick to vector outlines and white with black, we’ll avoid clashes with the background scenes and it’ll match the white text used elsewhere.

so, at this stage, and it doesnt have to be permanent, which is better? top or bottom?
    [attachment=0:25zq3vce]toporbottom.png[/attachment:25zq3vce]
    i like the top one. it has more of a delicate minted look, which i think says ‘fine mountain top removal’ quite nicely, ready to be blown up – provides nice contrast for the chunky metal.

Tom.K
    Participant

Top seems better, might get used to it if you don’t change it.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

Hope so. That’s live then. Hopefully Gavin won’t hate it. I don’t really like making live changes to the Flash like this – I have to increment the file name each time to avoid caching problems. I wasn’t happy with the old red button.

I’ll adapt the video payer overlay to match once I’m a bit less drained : ). Thanks for the help, guys.

naka
    Participant

That should be a flames? isn’t it?
    But it more looks like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comb_%28anatomy%29 🙄

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

that’s punny on a lot of levels
    @The internet wrote:

crest/krest/
    Noun: A comb or tuft of feathers, fur, or skin on the head of a bird or other animal.

i dont know what it is : ). it’s just a design. abstract flame from a fireball or bomb, was the idea. but it’s also a hand, an octopus, and probably a crest, which is more cunning than the rooster who outsmarted the fox who’d eaten all the chickens and was holding the farmer to ransom for steak with his own shotgun, if you ask me. (the same rooster who used to work as a consultant for the international high cunning institute, but got bored for lack of a challenge and moved on to bigger and better things, etc).

does it look ok, though?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Its nice, but it just looks too much like something mario would throw at me. 😉

Ill brain storm tonight or tommorow, and see if I can come up with a sketch page, ill post it and see if you can critique some of the ideas. I wish more people would participate in this sort of thing, its no good if just you, Naka, Tom and I agree on a design.

Ps the top one is waaay better 🙂
    I just realized… nothing hints that we are a tank game.. We need something tank!!!!!!

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

So, to just suggest something i thought was really cool. You can add more animation strings to the banner yes? What if you were to show the pristine landscapes, and every now and then, an action. such as rollers rolling into a tank, napalm roasting an enemy, nuke landing on someones head. Ships launching a missile ect..

Just a thought. We need the theme song in some videos.

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

You can add more animation strings to the banner yes?

possibly. we can certainly replace the current background scenes with similar. dont think we can have straight video in the banner, though. we cant. the only reason that sequence fits into, what, half a megabyte, is that it’s mostly still. and the reason the whole thing is light enough in CPU terms, is that the fade to black/transition is part of the video.

im a bit reluctant to give all this away. it’s clever stuff. im hoping it shows. i havent heard anyone say it’s slow to load.

ps:
    i agree, itd be nice to have more people involved. we already have something to be proud of, i think.

Tom.K
    Participant

Uh, I have Flash right now, and… no flash on home page at all…

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i should have added a note. sorry. yes – it’s disabled at the mo.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Messing around

Tom.K
    Participant

Seriously, that logo looks identically to old one. (no offense)

You think that we should stick to logo based on your old logo?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HyzbfCmAPs&feature=related

That would be sic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdtpGxbi584&feature=related

Even sicker if it was a tank struck by a missile.

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

bullets holes? someone suggested it, i think. i cant remember if i stamped on it for being too clichéd (probably did). i could use a diversion, though.
    [attachment=2:16846f0q]demo_bullets1.jpg[/attachment:16846f0q]
    [attachment=1:16846f0q]demo_bullets2.jpg[/attachment:16846f0q]
    i could easily add a little thing to the banner, so they appear with a gun noise when you click. what i cant do easily, is test for an overlap of more than one hole and make the inside black. this seems like asking ‘could i have some free money please’, but, if anyone has a clever instant way of doing that in AS3, please post : )

here’s a free bullet hole:
    [attachment=0:16846f0q]bullet_small64.png[/attachment:16846f0q]

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.