This topic contains 102 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  DireWolf 3 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i think both would be a mistake, nak. i had to do it before i was sure. i need to watch my idioms.

it’s gavin’s say in the end, but…

>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laIghwTFdqg = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT-8Dm1VThc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51sRuNYUnZ4 = ^ ^

beer with your buddies, funk your enemies, blow up a mountain on the internets etc.

i like the orb. it’s a bit too ‘quake’ for me. we’ll get there : )

Tom.K
    Participant

Would it look somehow same if orange orb has tank inside? Though that’s concept, you should use background texture (from borders) just in case. But, if you’ve put all 6 links there…. That bottom part can be removed, but what’s with 7th link then?

naka
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

thanks. yeap, a larger tank could work.

and lower the gun barrel. Look at the gavin’s icon or at the bunny’s signature banner.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I like that very much!!! :mrgreen: Its not to serious, not to kiddy.
    The contrast catches my eye, and it looks stylish too!
    Tank in the middle logo on bottom of orb? Dunno.. that would be interesting to see.

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i dont. i think it is too serious. but i do have a plan.

this is very rough, but what if we went with something vector cartoon style, with a fireball in place of the red button. im thinking multicolour, possibly funky bomb style
    [attachment=0:2hs949qd]fireball0.png[/attachment:2hs949qd]
    imagine that with more complicated fire

Tom.K
    Participant

Replace O with funky bomb and effect? Though, if that’s vector, it’s going to be SVG then, I’m kinda out about it when I didn’t managed to draw on it… But that concept is great, just rotate fireball a bit down.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i wondered about a roller for the o. i always liked this screenshot gallery/image_page.php?album_id=4&image_id=8

dont worry about the format for concepts. anything is fine to demo ideas

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

[attachment=1:2m2lfh73]yetmoreconcepts.png[/attachment:2m2lfh73]
    [attachment=0:2m2lfh73]fireballgrey.jpg[/attachment:2m2lfh73]

Tom.K
    Participant

That second concept would apply with adding a bomb with O (kinda attempting that you do it 😈 )… But when it’s on page… looks kinda confusing, I don’t know why…

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

yeah, i thought that. the black one, you mean? like the wide end of a fatman (in a good way : )

the fire shape is also a delicate hand with its finger tapping on the ‘3D’, to my eye.

i like that one. i might clean it up a bit more when i get a min and make a proper draft. the white text needs a thicker black border. should make it stand out more.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Have you seen my roller model upgrade? I made a higher poly roller model that may be perfect for such a logo. If your interested, I posted a screenshit in mods modeling and development on a roller update in v44 (quite recently).

Armor

Attached a couple large shots for your convenience if you wish to pursue the idea, I made the background pink for easy transparency clipping. 🙂

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

very nice.

do we like this?:
    [attachment=0:2oabebux]s3dlogo.png[/attachment:2oabebux]
    im tempted to go ahead and add that in place of the current red button effort. it is better.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Im not going to lie, im still not sure what that is..

Is it a funky bomb, tapping hand, or fireball?

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Ok so here is a try I did for the funky bomb to replace the o.
    Alpha’d version is included.

Armor

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

nice. nice. that’s awesome, armour, but it’s been done. we cant have a bomb on its own. as the centre for a white ‘o’, it could be perfect.

are we going to need a user art page on the website? we mustnt let all this get lost on the forums.

@armorwraith wrote:

Is it a funky bomb, tapping hand, or fireball?

or possibly an octopus, i thought
    [attachment=0:3ba10h41]fireball0d.png[/attachment:3ba10h41]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.