This topic contains 37 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Viking62 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Luke
    Participant

I was talking with Thrax on some mod servers and came up with a Tower Defence Idea for Scorched3d, Thrax knows about this,

What happens:
    -Enemies attack, either controlled-shot by a AI-BOT-CCP (computer controlled player)-CPU-NPC
    -The player has to try to kil the enemies before they fuel there way to the main object of survival and attack,
    -As normal, enemies get harder and the player gets tougher weapons the more and longer he/she survives,
    -Weapons are mostly Missiles and nukes only, and Machine-gun like weapons, other weapons will be Turret-Creator Missiles that attack enemies, bomber items will be extreme nukes that are avalible at the very end,
    -Later on, enemies will go so far that while going, will create smaller lesser damage enemies on they’re wway and self destruct for -10 health upon impact with the main object,
    -health will be – Main Object HP_1,500 Player HP MAX HP_1,000 turrets max HP_550
    -Health upgrades will include Main object + HP – +100 hp to the main object, Repairs too, and +100 options for alll other health thigns except enemies,
    -starter health Main object – 200 Player 100 Turret 100
    -Bosses will fire baby Nukes or 2x Baby Napalm atw whatever HP object nearby,
    -The Final Boss will fire a funky bomb or a Napalm MIRV at whatever HP object nearby,
    Edit 1:
    -Player can control attacks if he goes as the first player added…?

currently thats al my ideas, i’m a minor modder and cant do this yet, so,

sorry for typos.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Sounds extensive, Perhaps I may be of some service.

I can model.

I can code some.

Soon as you learn a little Xml or Modeling let me know and well form a co-op mod. 🙂

KAnga

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@luke wrote:

-As normal, enemies get harder and the player gets tougher weapons the more and longer he/she survives

that sounds like a fun mod. im sure you could add progressively more competent enemies per round with lua http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/index.php/LUA_s3d_library s3d.get_option(“CurrentRoundNo”), but i dont think that’s what you mean.

you want a big single round game? you could probably do that by using s3d.get_tank. test periodically for for the amount of money the player/team has. or on a server without stats, i guess you could test for skill/rank?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

lua? i dont even know it…

erhaps it is indeed time to learn.

Kanga

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

yeap – we need a couple of people to get on top of it. i dont think there are any lua mods at the moment. (except that team tournament thing, but that demos only a tiny fraction of the potential).

the documentation is sketchy and without existing mods to reference, people are going to find it really difficult to make proper use of it.

uncharted territory.

Thrax
    Participant

You do realise that this thread is from May of last year.
    I believe he hasn’t worked on it muchsince, as no-one has heard from
    or seen Luke since this post was made.

The mod idea was interesting, but i am not sure if it ever got off the
    template stage.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

oh! no, i didnt spot it.

it is a fun idea. thrax, youre one of the people who needs to start demo’ing some of this new lua stuff. we must get round to collaborating on some kind of luaweapons mod at some stage – people need something to reference.

Rommel
    Participant

There seems to quite a bit of that here.
    New players stop in, and soon dissapear.

@thrax wrote:

I believe he hasn’t worked on it muchsince, as no-one has heard from
    or seen Luke since this post was made.

The mod idea was interesting, but i am not sure if it ever got off the
    template stage.

Perhaps it has something to do with our replies.

We had a new player, named glisard that was seeking
    assistance with setting up a server recently. He was
    treated rudely and insulted by one of our developers.

He did not receive the help that he needed.
    He did not get his server up and running.

Not a very professional appearance by any standard.

The game has suffered heavily due to the arrogance
    and lack of concern often shown to the new players.

Rommel

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

why? why do you keep posting all this nonsense, rommel? it’s good that youre having fun in your new admin role, but get a grip. if youre talking about me – im not a game developer and even if i was*, i have every right to be rude if i choose to. (i usually dont)

and please, ffs – if youre gonna keep spamming up the forums with your bs regarding administration efforts, keep it in the private forum. new players are more likely to think we’re all a bunch of loonies than leave for lack of assistance with all drivel you spout. get a second hobby!

He was treated rudely and insulted

i was appropriately short of patience. there’s a difference.

just dont do it. if you want to attack me – put it in a pm or put it in offtopic. maybe you should try getting on with people instead of treating everyone like theyre your enemy.

*also, im really not interested in stupid forum titles. it’s just a website access thing – you know what that’s about.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Sorry just gathering ideas, trying to implement them with what we have for now, i fear Gavin may date my work with how fast he chucks out upgrades (i love it) So trying to take plausible old ideas and apply them to the newer version, ITS GOING TO ROCK!!

sorry for the old posts, making a list for myself, BTW Thrax or Lappy, do either of you know LUA?? I van try to learn, but it may take me ages 😀

Kanga
    (bad with math, horrible actually)

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@Kangabunny wrote:

…Thrax or Lappy, do either of you know LUA?? I van try to learn, but it may take me ages 😀

is Ramla Luabarak egyptian?

no, actually, im new to lua myself, but it’s very easy to pick up.

(bad with math, horrible actually)

not the best trait to have if you want to get into writing some code. you might want to work on that.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

file>accessories>calculator

its my friend

😀

Kanga
    Ps. Im a visual person 😛

LukeZ
    Participant

Apologies for the late reply, But i’m back, I’m Luke – I’d like to let you know i didn’t leave for unfair treatment or anything of the like, I have a habit of quitting one game and moving to another random one, Switching to another random one, on and on and on, I’m trying to figure out modding so i hope one day i can get working on this mod idea, Peace out!

EDIT: I made a new account cause i couldn’t find out my user/pass for the old one, Tried ‘forgot password’, Couldn’t figure it out either.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Welcome back luke, i hope to assist you in your future endeavors. If i cant answer it, Thrax or Gavin can. 🙂

With the release of v43 this idea is now achieveable (not that it wasnt before, but now it will play like an rts.)

Welcome BAck Luke!

Kanga

LukeZ
    Participant

Now i’d like to begin work on this mod, First stuff i want to make is the turrets and other weaponry, So i have a question; How do you spawn a tank when a weapon impacts?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.