This topic contains 35 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ebonite 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

hobbesme
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Anybody else notice this new little thing underneath our avatars here on the forums?

What I noticed is that the player post info now EXCLUDES players’ ‘Location’.

I actively entered my location so players could see that I’m playing from Caribou, ME, USA. I like seeing where other players are from to know how global our Scorched3D community is.

Can the player’s ‘Location’ info be re-added to the players’ post info?

Thanks.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Ha! I didn’t notice that but you are right Hobbes.

Ah Crap! I just noticed that my Rank info STILL doesn’t work!

Deathstryker
    Participant

…Nevermind, it fixed itself.

Ebonite
    Participant

I see player locations. But if you can’t it’s also in my E-zine player profile. 😛

The Funkinator
    Participant

Looks to me like locations are back (they weren’t there for a while) and a lot of people’s rank id’s magically started working. (I know mine started working 24h after I entered it)

Very cool 🙂

Edit: Ooooh… pwetty star by my name 😉

-TF

Deathstryker
    Participant

Haha Funk, it says you are rank 1 but you have the same star as me! That must mean I am “Teh Souper 1337!!!!111”

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Haha Funk, it says you are rank 1 but you have the same star as me! That must mean I am “Teh Souper 1337!!!!111”

Awards are for the previous stats games. Not the current 🙂

Deathstryker
    Participant

Oh I see now. Silly me.

Ebonite
    Participant

You can just hear him deflating…

Deathstryker
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

You can just hear him deflating…

Just like your girfriend Ebo.

Ha, I’m sorry that was out of line but I couldn’t let that one go.

Ebonite
    Participant

LOL Jealous, are we? 😛 At least I can afford the best. 8)

Deathstryker
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

LOL Jealous, are we? 😛 At least I can afford the best. 8)

Well aren’t you just living the high life.

comedown
    Participant

*polishes place on screen where white star appears*

8)

Deathstryker
    Participant

It could be that I don’t understand something as is usually the case with the stats but why is it that I have the same rank as someone else?

Also pay no attention to that girly pink font that I’m sporting. 🙄

Also take note of the CBX clone (Sondra). The only thing I could think of was: “God not another one. If they keep multiplying nobody will be able to get any kills soon.”

hobbesme
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

It could be that I don’t understand something as is usually the case with the stats but why is it that I have the same rank as someone else?

I too was confused by this when I started playing a month ago, but it’s duh obvious after you figure it out.

Everyone knows the stats are ranked primarily by each player’s number of kills.

However, unlike the stats page on the website which resolves ties by other unknown-to-me factors; the stats column in the game’s Status window does NOT resolve ties but displays the highest, shared rank of any players whose number of kills are identical.

For example, if there are only nine ranked players total with the following webpage stats :

• Rank #1 — Player A — 20 Kills
    • Rank #2 — Player B — 16 Kills
    • Rank #3 — Player C — 14 Kills
    • Rank #4 — Player D — 11 Kills
    • Rank #5 — Player E — 11 Kills
    • Rank #6 — Player F — 8 Kills
    • Rank #7 — Player G — 2 Kills
    • Rank #8 — Player H — 2 Kills
    • Rank #9 — Player I — 2 Kills

For players D, E, G, H, & I; the website uses some other factors (skill, money, games won, etc.) to resolve the tie in their number of kills.

However, in the game, players D & E would display a shared rank of 4 — the highest, shared rank of the two players — & players G, H, & I would display a shared rank of 7.

The obvious result is that all starting players share similar ranks for their first dozen or so kills because there are a lot of players that share the same rank with 0 kills, then 1 kill, 2 kills, 3 kills, etc.

After sufficient gameplay, each player’s number of kills sufficiently diverges from other players’ so that shared ranks become less & less common. It still happens though when one players passes another player in rank while those two players are playing in the same game. As the lower ranked player makes enough kills to tie the next higher-ranked player, the lower-ranked player will share the higher-ranked player’s rank until the tie is broken.

And if you can say that ten times fast, I’ll buy you a dollar.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.