This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 10 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Picci
    Participant

… is scorched in multiple languages ?

i never stopped by in the installation to check if it is….

if it is mod’s plz delete this post…
    if it isn’t… then how about turning it international ? .. (i’ll do the italian translation np…. (after exams 😛 which start in 1 week and a half and last till the 16th of may… + french exam on the 23rd))

btw, i just had to stop by the forum after seeing the post about videos on spanish sites….

Deathstryker
    Participant

Gavin has plans to include localization at some point. It’s looking like it may not get included in this release though because there’s still a few priorities that have to be tended to. But it seems to be one of the main things on the TODO so perhaps next version (if not this one).

cbx550f
    Participant

If nothing else, the files for the bot chat, tips, etc could be translated and then easily applied as a patch.

Also, it would be nice to have a few things in the Wiki in other languages, so if there’s any volunteers… 😉

Gav – localisation might be a good thing for me to work on (Read: It shouldn’t be real hard, just time consuming ;))
    Next time I get a chance I’ll have a look and see what really would be involved. (Don’t get too excited, Picci…. I tend to take a while ;))

cbx

Picci
    Participant

np cbx… just tell me when ur ready…

i’m kinda busy till june anyways, so for a couple months don’t worry about it too much :P…

anyways, “next next release” is when it should be translated by, if i understood it correctly…

naka
    Participant

I want to see internationalization in the chat window. Imagine ppl typing in cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew , 😮 Chinese 😮
    it will make the game more colorful and attractive.

beside this it is verry difficult (it is pain in the brain) to write slavonics word with a latin alphabet.

Also, it would be nice to have a few things in the Wiki in other languages, so if there’s any volunteers…

yep i can translate a few pages in my language.

BigBear
    Participant

@naka wrote:

I want to see internationalization in the chat window. Imagine ppl typing in cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew , 😮 Chinese 😮
    it will make the game more colorful and attractive.

beside this it is verry difficult (it is pain in the brain) to write slavonics word with a latin alphabet.

Also, it would be nice to have a few things in the Wiki in other languages, so if there’s any volunteers…

yep i can translate a few pages in my language.

MOER SWEDISH LETTERS!!!

I can do a swedish translation (not that we have many swedish players but norwegians/danes should be able to read it as well).

Deathstryker
    Participant

I can do a swedish translation (not that we have many swedish players but norwegians/danes should be able to read it as well).

I’m sure any language would be helpful.

apache64d
    Participant

make it Internatunal could be great!
    (in the forums it is already done since early years of the forums)
    I could translate some Wiki to Hebrew..but a “more professional language person” should do it ( got some ideas for ppl).

Outer
    Participant

I offer as translator volunteer for Spanish.

Deathstryker
    Participant

And Mandy can do German

And if Device was here, he could do French.

…And CBX can do Canadian 😉

If this gets realized, I’d like to volunteer myself to be in charge of managing translation submissions/updates.

The first step is getting a common english file first though.

mooic
    Participant

I can translate it to English if you want i also speak a little American but i do struggle with it 😛

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Gav – localisation might be a good thing for me to work on (Read: It shouldn’t be real hard, just time consuming ;))

Not sure about easy, it scares me 🙂

Need to add multibyte character support for the XML files.
    Need to add multibyte character support for game fonts
    Need to check all the provided fonts support the required characters.
    Need to write the localization string parser.
    Need to figure out what to do with english strings in XML files and sent from the server.

…did I forget anything.

Irishbandit
    Participant

Is that like unicode?

*edited looks like it is very similar*

*edited again what Some Guy said below* 😳

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Unicode is one encoding of a multibyte character stream.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.