This topic contains 25 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Chopper 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Chopper
    Participant

Many of you heard me speak of our beloved poodle Frank.
    I’m sad to report that today, after many years of wonderful companionship….we had to have him put to sleep.

His health issues, progressive cataract blindness, and deafness all affected him these last 2 years. But two recent bouts of canine geriatric vestibular disorder with the last one about a month ago pretty much ruined the old guy’s quality of life.

So, over 18 years after that January day that my wife found this cold little dog in an outdoor animal shelter pen…he’s gone.

To where the food bowl’s always full, the bed’s always warm and there’s always squirrels to keep up the trees.

Good bye my friend and thank you for the love and joy you brought
    your family. We loved you so very much.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

sincere condolences. i know what it’s like when a pet’s part of the family like that.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I share your tears he was not mine but believe me I have had my share of mine pass on to feel what you feel. *Holds his glass high* to Frankenfarter the dog I never knew but always loved. Hear hear

bazzz
    Participant

Sorry to hear that, i have two dogs that are part of my family and losing a pet like that is always hard.

Strength and best wishes to you and you wife.

Chopper
    Participant

*cheers* PoM….thanks guys for your thoughts.
    We’ve expecting this awhile but, its just so damn hard….. 🙁

He was such a good little guy, went to work with us every day since business opened back in 1995 until just a few months ago when we had to start leaving him at home.

He was friends with so many customers at the store alot of people are bummed out. Many fo their kids grew up to be teenagers knew him.

My closest friend came for a weekend visit with his new girl friend back in 1999…..she was a cat person who didn’t like dogs…when they left on Sunday she kissed him! I DIDn’T even kiss my dog…lol. Thats the way he was.

She cried more than we did when we let her know.

I have so many stories but I won’t bore you all with them.
    Poodles are an amazing breed, he was a minature and weighed about 20 lbs. Always ready to go, always eager to meet people and always………..ALWAYS your friend.

I

QuadShotz
    Participant

oops

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

fighting words. i dont have enough kills to get into main. we need the limit removed. i dont want to kill ai’s when they keep coming back to life.

QuadShotz
    Participant

oops

Viking62
    Participant

So sorry for you and your families loss Chop:( . Cheers, & guzzle a bit of Stoli for me whilst raising yur glass to ol Frankenfarter.

Made our move out West…still busy. Be back when I can. You all take care and be safe.

QuadShotz
    Participant

My apologies if I invaded a funeral thread, sorry if I did so. I didn’t think..but posted in active threads looking for my own attention to be had..

I meant no disrespect. May the dead rest well and with honour in the Afterlife.

By my honour in the houses of the Royals of Stewart, begone all these long years, I promise my eyes have seen and my mind will that such peace will be here.

So it moted be. So let it be. So let it be done.

Amen.

Chopper
    Participant

hi Vike, hope things are settling down out there.

quad seems you’re pretty new.
    would appreciate editing down the spam.move the rant, some folks might get to that and not see later posts.

would mean alot to me to get back on track.

btw, my house is McGregor. He came here in 1700’s.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Guess ya gonna have to find another wee companion that likes carrying Stoli for ya.

Might I suggest something a little more substantial though so he won’t have to won’t have to keep going back and forth carrying a sip @ a time.

Sad for you mate, but atleast the lil guy won’t have to listen to your dumb ass jokes anymore, I’m almost envious.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Mrs. also sends her condolances (we ever gonna get a spell checker in here?)

As far as Quads comments are concerned please see this post

Chopper
    Participant

Your sympathy,as always, is touching Pnut.

Thank you for the condolences Mrs PoM.

When I buried him it was in the rain Monday, did a rather fast messy job. Rained again last evening, just as well , I just couldn’t go out there.

Went there this evening, moved the rest of the dirt, cleaned things up and dressed it with a hard rake.
    Its a proper site for our guy now.

Rest in Peace Frank.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Shoulda left him with a Stoli dude, so you’d always be with him.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.