This topic contains 67 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Chopper 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Go and stat whore in a game that has more than about 6 regular players. You’re a major contributing factor to the death of this great game!

tlon
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Go and stat whore in a game that has more than about 6 regular players. You’re a major contributing factor to the death of this great game!

true

Chopper
    Participant

well, there ARE ways of dealing with this…. :mrgreen:
    Right DW?

NAKED
    Participant

Hello people,

I have had nothing to do with the lack of players, I came back in September.

The main factor, from what I can tell, was the civil war that was waged last summer. I had no part of it. The servers were fairly dead when I returned.

Spring water and hot tubs,

NAKED

Thrax
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Hello people,

I have had nothing to do with the lack of players, I came back in September.

The main factor, from what I can tell, was the civil war that was waged last
    summer. I had no part of it. The servers were fairly dead when I returned.

Spring water and hot tubs,

NAKED

Then how about a dare.

Sure, it’s easy to be top-rank on a limited and often empty server..
    I challange you to a real goal then. I’m betting you can’t become one of the
    top 5 on The server with activity. You will have real weight in your skill if you
    can achieve this in the Blame-Canada server.

Learn actual strategy. See how effective dirt and real weapons can be.

Loke
    Participant

So a “new” poltergeist has entered the servers. I have a recollection of another one who excelled in using tactics&weaps deemed unpopular by the majority. to challenge the game/status quo – to be aggressive when opportunity arose and to chicken out if the opportunity did strike back is so sickly familiar.

Loke
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

I just cannot hold back, I really think it sad when the player ranked number 1 has to dirt himself to keep from losing? I joined in the 6th round with only Chutes, killed the bot that was very near him, then popped this guys shield using baby missles after he is firing hogs at me! 😥 and this is the Number 1 Player? then covers himself with dirt to escape the wrath of my baby missle? [-X you should hide in the sand!
    If this is considered talking trash I do appologize, I just miss the days of old with champions like Wowbagger who would take you out with skill, and some of the most insane shots I have ever seen, and never, I mean never would he dirt himself just to keep from losing rank.
    If you were just playing around I understand, but if that was a serious effort at playing, I cannot wait untill the next stats reset, Cuz I am gonna make you start earning that rank =D>
    I am sorry if this post is in bad taste, I just do not see many people playing anymore, and was a little excited about seeing someone on the server, especially the Number 1 Player , when he turned his shield on after I just joined in the 6th round, I decided ok no prob, when he fired hogs against my baby missles I decided ok no prob, after I hit his shield twice and popped it the next round he dirted himself I decided……… I would rather play the freakin bot!
    I know some people might disagree with me and say it is a strategy, I say it is rubbish unless you are just having fun with friends or blocking a funky bomb.
    Good way to get new players to join, dirt yourself so they cant kill you, I am sure that will fill the servers up real quick!
    I just expected a little more out of the #1 ranked player.
    My rant is now over, I have said my peace.
    Dire 😈
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEi66FHzX3k

Hi Wolfie

The days where you had to wait some evenings to join main (12 players max) are long gone. Now there are bots on main to entertain players while they wait for others to join. The ranking and skill score is not designed for empty servers, but to add dynamics to servers with regular activity (my guess at least).

I hope you will PM Gavin and re-enlist as an admin to be able to directly participate in shaping the game and its mecanics.

DireWolf
    Participant

Listen people……. Lets not blame anyone for the lack of players, shit happens, I dont want to see anyone bash on #1 verbally, no need, he shows his true colors in his posts and thats fine, lets do this in the servers! I lets show him how a true Scorcher handles bizzzz!

Scorched Justice!

As far as the lack of players, we all can spread the word of this game to help bring life to the community and the servers, friends at work, facebook friends, there are many ways, also when encountering unfamiliar or new players, help them out instead of taking advantage of their Noobness for rank, Help them learn, Then beat the hell out of them 😈
    We were all Noobs at one time, I still remember the players that helped me learn, I liked the game alot, and the Scorched Community made it even better, we are all representatives of this game, admin or not, new player or old.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

yawn*

Are we done with the hulabaloo? its making me tired..
    I swear if people spent more time in game then in the forums, the servers would be absolutely burtsing with life!

Side Note

The only reason you dont see me in game so often is because I am developing a new mod, completely different style of play compared to any others. It takes a long time just to make stuff look nice and pretty(not balanced or priced yet!), so I DO spend alot of time playing, just not on servers. When I release it youll probably see my activity in all servers pick up. I do get bored fairly easily with main though, the weapons and strategies are just too limited for longer term play for me.

Keep it clean guys, If you disagree with a playing style just kill em first with the biggest weapon you can buy! Its the only non-rude way to battle the system for now. If you smurf, fine, just note Its rude and I may need to kill you a few times.

Time for bed here, Night all, take care!
    Armor

Loke
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

Listen people……. Lets not blame anyone for the lack of players, shit happens, I dont want to see anyone bash on #1 verbally, no need, he shows his true colors in his posts and thats fine, lets do this in the servers! I lets show him how a true Scorcher handles bizzzz!

Scorched Justice!

If you reread my posts you might have some trouble to find me blaming certain people for the lack of players. I just stated a fact and a regrettable one indeed.

Choppy had the impression you would be playing yesterday, don´t know why though.

Chopper
    Participant

❓ we did play loke, or you gettin old like me and don’t remember? :mrgreen:

NAKED
    Participant

Hola Thrax,

I’m not really a mod guy but I might take your dare if I get a comfortable five thousand point lead over Loke.

Jazz and Coffee,

NAKED

DireWolf
    Participant

@loke wrote:

@direwolf wrote:

Scorched Justice!

If you reread my posts you might have some trouble to find me blaming certain people for the lack of players. I just stated a fact and a regrettable one indeed.

Choppy had the impression you would be playing yesterday, don´t know why though.

I was here last night, but I do not know when you guys play, I was not able to play untill very late unfortunately. my work hours suck, I am off sunmon. I will watch the server when I can to get some games on.

Oh and I agree with what you wrote =D> but that could be easily misinterpeted.

Loke
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

yes we did – old, senile and decrepit as I may be I didn’t remember DW joining that night

But you where there;)

edit: It was Saturday, not today
    edit2: timezones

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@loke wrote:

@chopper wrote:

yes we did – old, senile and decrepit as I may be I didn’t remember DW joining that night

But you where there;)

edit: It was Saturday, not today
    edit2: timezones

Did Choppy leave because of man company that night aswell?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.