This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Viking62
    Participant

What would you personally like to see done with the main server or beginner server to make the game more enjoyable for you to play. Opinions of Old & New players welcome.
    Examples:
    Vovan- would like to see 43 more like 42.1 version (Needs to point out specifics).
    Myself- I like everything(well almost). Would like the 50 kill(25 ok also)limit *Main*
    – The upper right screen pre round map showing players positions-aids buy. *At least on the Main server*
    – If all agree (between active players on the server) MCB is ok- 1=No=FFA.
    – Sticky rollers with a dead on shot on shields. (25-90pct damage to shield)
    – Bot needs to disappear after 2 humans are actively playing*Main*
    Chopper- Wants the 50 rule
    POM- Wants the 50 rule
    Thrax- Wants the 50 rule
    & others I cannot remember.

Speak up people-Lets get back to the fun times we enjoyed

Viking62
    Participant

Out of 9 Votes-The Majority voted for the 50 kill limit on the main server.
    Dated Feb/23/2010
    *Those who have permission:See Global Private/What should the kill limit be?*

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Some have mentioned, abit slower projectile speeds, not by much, just abit faster then v42.

Kanga

Viking62
    Participant

:-k That is not a bad idea 💡 My shots still disappear/reappear at different times-Could be my ISP & I do not know if that would get worse,or stay the same.
    Need someone with more Tech. to answer this one.
    Thanks kanga

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

:-k That is not a bad idea 💡 My shots still disappear/reappear at different times

yes this happens quite often, i am not certain either, but it has happend to me off line. 🙂

Kanga

Chopper
    Participant

Well….having been in a few games lately where the final two opponents can’t reach much less kill each other….I would like to see the 12~15 shot limit back.

If two can’t kill eo….just end it with a tie like it used to and get on with the game.

My .02 worth. 🙂

naka
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

Well….having been in a few games lately where the final two opponents can’t reach much less kill each other….I would like to see the 12~15 shot limit back.
    If two can’t kill eo….just end it with a tie like it used to and get on with the game.

@off topic
    i noticed this phenomenon before. I even asked for ‘shot limit’ gamemode back. Gavin said it is not different from the time limit. The engine is real time now, but this doesnt mean that all game modes must be time based as most ppl think. it can be shot limit, time limit, whatever u want. Turns limit currently is not implemented and i have not an idea how such deadlock situation can be resolved in timemode. All must wait.
    I know some very ‘progressive’ pll will say again i am against the progress of the game. Whatever.
    I am tired of explaining and fighting for simple things.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I’m actively exploring putting back in shot and round limits. It was probably a mistake to remove them based on the amount of turned based games that people still play.

I’ve changed the main server to have a 50 kill limit.

If people could stomach it, it would be really helpful to have any new (or old) requests submited here : http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/mantisbt promise they will be tracked properly.

Viking62
    Participant

Thank You gavin =D> =D> ❗

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I think its a great advantage to have both realtime and timed shot modes. It offers more variety and can appeal to a wider audience. I noticed in the bug tracker you had mentioned a voting system for round rules ect..I think thats a great idea.

Back on topic, I heard abit of discussion on delayed defense activation. Im not sure what it was about, but I thought id mention it incase someone forgot.

Great Job with the communication with the public Vike, keep up Da good work!
    Kanga

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.