This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Cinnibar 11 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

BigBear
    Participant

@cinnibar wrote:

@willis wrote:

However the only alternate rout, as BOY hinted, is a different server designed for those rules.

Unfortunately, then you have two seperate sets of stats, and there’s the difficulty of getting people to show up and play the games, because they’ll just go to main anyway.

I voted for … alt no 1!!!
    No offense intended towards sw server, but I agree with cinny. Being to a certain extent interested in my ranking (perhaps glaring at my newly attained medal with a stupid blissful grin is somewhat unhealthy but hey, it puts a smile in my face) I’d rather go to main if possible. Anyhoooo, as far as I’m concerned I’m getting all the variation I crave at main as it is. There was just two intense ‘rules apply’ games played there with surprisingly many players adhering to the rules suggested as they were dropping in. It’s all good if you ask me!

ChmOOrecK
    Participant

#1, just to let you know 😉

Anyway, I hope small weapons server will become more popular now 🙂

Deathstryker
    Participant

Ah crap. I just now saw the option about Wowbagger being an idiot. *sigh* Too late now I suppose.

jdog
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Ah crap. I just now saw the option about Wowbagger being an idiot. *sigh* Too late now I suppose.

no it isn’t, you could always delete yourself and revote.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

no it isn’t, you could always delete yourself and revote.

And lose my OUTSTANDING post count? I don’t think so.

cbx550f
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

And lose my OUTSTANDING post count? I don’t think so.

And to think I was priding myself on my spamming….. 😳

Kid Chaos
    Participant

This is my two bits. In the later part of of series 39.1; there was a lack of participation happening, therefore: Wow and I started making a little set of rules to make the game a more strategic forum (that is when nobody else was playing!). It consisted of no hogs, funks, or bubbles. It was just between him and I since there WAS a lack of participation. As ppl joined, we made it clear of the options; therefore begins this discussion.

It seems to be getting a little out of hand lately. Every time someone joins the main server, they ask about rules….. BS

IMO…. If there is only one, maybe two players involved, this is a very good opportunity to show their skills, if not, leave it be.

After the reset, everyone is back in the game (YIPPEE), good to see ya all again…..

Look forward tp testing my skill the way I know best.

Kid Chaos 😈

Cinnibar
    Participant

@Kid Chaos wrote:

It seems to be getting a little out of hand lately. Every time someone joins the main server, they ask about rules….. BS

I consider it a courtesy to ask if other players present are operating under some sort of rules. It keeps me from buying something “bad” if they’re operating that way, as well as keeping me from irritating them if they are.

Kid Chaos
    Participant

Let me clarify my position. I’m not mad that ppl are asking about rules, but the fact that this server is becoming a custom game forum.

i.e. a couple of days ago I joined a game. Someone said bcm, I had no idea what that meant and didn’t choose to ask. I didn’t even know it was directed at me. There were at least 5 players when I started. I was then criticized for making my first kill with baby rollers. After that I sold off my inventory and started playing by the rules. After a few rounds we almost had a full house and these rules made the game very tedious since everyone would just use up an endless supply of batts. I know I am not the only one who felt this way.

My point is – If there is 2 to 4 players, customizing a game is great, but after getting 5 to 12 players involved, I enjoy the game much more being able to use the strategy I know best in order to win.

Btw – I make it a point to ASK the newcomers if that want to play by the pre-set rules. In this game, it felt like more of a demand. I guess that is where my gripe originated.

Well, that’s my other two bits. Look forward to killin ya’all real soon.

Kid Chaos 👿

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

Well, I voted for #1, and then I tried to vote for #4, but was foiled. I think these ballots are rigged. I demand a recount! Make that a Florida recount!

ROFL!

even though It is fun to play only missles, or no sandhogs..
    I have to agree with cbx for *some* of what he wrote.

it *should* be by players choice as the fighting on opinions
    would never end.

anyways.. wow thats what the create server button is for

M.O. made the missles only mod & we rarely played it.

*wich I really miss now* but the point is..

make a folder name it missles mod or whatever..
    & copy the accessories.xml over to it
    and delete everything but chutes,batts,& missles.

wammo problem solved.

Cinnibar
    Participant

@Kid Chaos wrote:

My point is – If there is 2 to 4 players, customizing a game is great, but after getting 5 to 12 players involved, I enjoy the game much more being able to use the strategy I know best in order to win.

See, the flipside of this is that most MCB games START with 3-4 players… and people join, and join, and join…

If the original 3-4 players were playing MCB, it’s likely going to put them at a significant disadvantage if someone comes in and plays standard tactics… they’ll have inventories full of less than optimal stuff. As more players join, I agree that it becomes a logistical nightmare, but the original players on the server would be screwed if they’re forced out of rules mode.

I would note that because of the typical restrictions that rules impose, a joining player is at less of a disadvantage than in a normal game due to the economic limits. I’ve suffered through many a standard game where I joined round five and was waaaay behind the leaders with no hope of closing the gap or even surviving the first shots… but I’ve joined many MCB’s in the fifth round where I can jump right in and be competitive.

Either way you cut it, I agree that it can be a hassle… but under the right conditions with consenting players, rules games (no funk/hog/shield or MCB) can be a fun change of pace.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.