This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 9 years ago.

• Author

BigBear
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

i just thought we should recognise that the level of admin interaction and accountability here, already goes beyond what you could usually expect.

I used to advocate this when I was admin I guess, so I feel partially responsible for the current situation where every last little admin action is discussed in public. To be honest though, it is starting to look more and more like a mistake to me.

parasti
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

I used to advocate this when I was admin I guess, so I feel partially responsible for the current situation where every last little admin action is discussed in public. To be honest though, it is starting to look more and more like a mistake to me.

Considering I started the topic, I can’t help but feel all this rhetoric is targeted at me. I didn’t set out to “discuss every last little admin action in public” and I hope you’re not implying that the title “admin” really does amount to “can ban people”, because that’s pretty much the only thing ever being “discussed in public”. I am allergic to abuse of authority, though. I mean, how difficult can it be to answer “why was X banned”? Why does somebody get banned and then unbanned in a matter of days? Why do you feel the need to rant about admin greatness or about undesirable public discussions? And why the hell do these ridiculous questions even occur to me when this is supposed to be an open community of an open-source project?

Acid22
    Participant

It was not a mistake.
    I did however overstep my authority & that is why Outer reinstated him.

parasti
    Participant

Thanks, Acid. That’s a good enough answer to me.

Rommel
    Participant

To All :

The excuse I offered Acid was iron clad.

He rejected it and chose the truth instead.

I am pleased and hold him no ill will.

If you want to kick his butt, do it in the game.

This topic is dead.

Rommel

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rommel was banned?’ is closed to new replies.