This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

parasti
    Participant

So according to Rommel himself, he has been banned by Acid. Is this true and if it is, what was the reason for doing so? While it’s clear Rommel’s not a particularly popular player, I find it extremely hard to believe he did something so offensive leaving no other option but to ban him.

bazzz
    Participant

I am wondering too what was going on there, forgot to ask before.

Chopper
    Participant

It was reversed and action on Rommel as a group is being discussed by the admins.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi parasti:

In order to give Acid the benefit of the doubt, we should assume for the time being that it was an accident. Perhaps he meant to whack me from being a spectator, fearing I had logged in and couldn’t log out on my own. Then in an effort to rescue me from limbo he accidentily banned me instead.

Wed Dec 10 18:34:43 2008 – [info] : server admin “acid” logged in
    Wed Dec 10 18:36:05 2008 – [info] : “acid” admin ban “Mrs. Rommel”
    Wed Dec 10 18:36:05 2008 – [info] : Player “Mrs. Rommel” has been kicked from the server

Whatever happened, a note of explanation has still not been received on my end. The excuse above is thereby still available, even if it is a lie.

Please feel to send me any excuse at all but please explain somehow.

Thank you,

Rommel

Acid22
    Participant

Rommel,

Whatever happened, a note of explanation has still not been received on my end. The excuse above is thereby still available, even if it is a lie.

Please feel to send me any excuse at all but please explain somehow.

Thank you,
    Rommel

You still invite an argument with every post. This time by insinuating that I would lie anyway. I therefore ‘feel’ to not bother at the moment.

Acid

bazzz
    Participant

Thats one way of interpretating what rommel said- another interpretation would be that rommel accepts events as a mistake from your side and doesnt nessecary calls you a liar.
    Perhaps he could have used his words more carefully or maybe he is just frustrated and venting his anger, but as alway it seems only possible to interpretate words in the most negative way possible.

Do we really have to be like this?This is part of what i was talking about before ,but i guess noone cares but about their own egos.

parasti
    Participant

@acid22 wrote:

You still invite an argument with every post. This time by insinuating that I would lie anyway. I therefore ‘feel’ to not bother at the moment.

Sorry? In order to tell the truth or lie, you actually have to say something; as far as I’m aware, you haven’t said anything at all. We’ve got Rommel’s side of the story, why don’t you share yours?

Rommel
    Participant

Perhaps my Grandfather said it best when he told me as a young lad, “Any excuse is better than none at all.”

I din’t mean to imply that you would lie Acid, just that I would rather have a lie than no explanation at all. At least it’s something.

I am willing to accept that it was an accident as that seems to reasonably explain what happened. Why it took so long to get unbanned is easily explained by the time it took me to post that I had been banned. I think I worked on that post for better than 24 hours.

If it was an accidental ban, no one would have known until I spoke up. I was late in speaking up.

Outer attempted to unban me immediately upon learning of my ouster.
    It seems that only Gavin can unban someone. Apparently he learned of this and restored my access. That’s the way I would like this story to end.

All we need to wrap this up immediately, is for someone to say, it was an accident.

I’m just pleased that I was given the chance to get Mrs. Rommel safely hidden away and go back to being Rommel. I don’t want to exit, regardless of the reason and leave one of my goofy alter egos as my final rememberence.

I do appreciate this incident for bringing the likelyhood that this could occur to my attention. Don’t look for I’m Sooooo Cheesed to make any additional appearances.

Best wishes,

Rommel

Outer
    Participant

Can you log now to the servers Rommel?

Thrax
    Participant

With the admin option of Kick.. there was no accident in choosing to ban.

Ban’s can be removed by deputy admins, but not thru the game’s
    internal options.

Admins would have to login to the web-console manually.
    There is a long list in gavin’s ban file, but admins can merely select
    the player desired, Check the box at the end of the line, and tap
    the ‘Unban Selected’ button at the bottom.
    Save the changes afterward, and it should be applied immediately.

This should work on any distributed build, unless Gavin has customized
    his own server exe’s to limit this.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

if i was an admin, id ban the bitch just to teach them a lesson in authority.

god damn it! what do you expect from these people? the admins here are about the tamest, friendly and approachable, mild mannered authority figures ive ever come across. and im not even ass kissing.

(thats, any hypothetical bitch. rommels not a bitch. rommels cool)

people should quit whining and think theirselves lucky this isnt the real internet.

ps:
    rommel, i dont think you are unpopular. ive always thought of you as a likeable kind of guy. its refreshing to see someone ready to go to such lengths to stand up for what they believe in.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Outer:

I feel a little silly answering this after playing you this morning but for the sake of those that may not know …

@outer wrote:

Can you log now to the servers Rommel?

I’m Back !

Thanks again,

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

Hi XOX:

Thank you for the post. I wasn’t intending to say anything else but since it’s you … I simply can’t resist.

I’m sorry that you are still banished. Having been there, I know the intense desire you must feel to get back in and kick some butts.

It’s good to see that you still have an interest in the game. Nothing has changed much while you’ve been gone except dirt. It has become less prohibited although it’s usage is still not entirely accepted.

I hope the holidays are pleasant and wish you good luck in being reinstated soon. If you’ve been good, perhaps you should ask Santa, it is Christmas time you know.

Best wishes,

Rommel

parasti
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

god damn it! what do you expect from these people? the admins here are about the tamest, friendly and approachable, mild mannered authority figures ive ever come across.

Are you talking to me? You’re not making a whole lot of sense, man. If admins were a bunch of randomly abusive assholes, I’m sure you would see a lot less of “whining”, but thankfully that’s not the case. Notice how I said “you”, because I sure as hell wouldn’t want to be a part of a community like that. That last sentence in the quote is very true, and that’s exactly why it bothers me when someone gets banned and it’s not clear why. I don’t even care if it was a mistake, just admit it, unban the poor guy and let’s all move on.

rommel, i dont think you are unpopular. ive always thought of you as a likeable kind of guy. its refreshing to see someone ready to go to such lengths to stand up for what they believe in.

I thoroughly enjoy playing against people who play the game in a sort of “non-conventional” manner, and Rommel is one of them. But I recognise the fact that many more people dislike him because of the same exact thing, which is where my “unpopular” claim comes from.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@parasti wrote:

Are you talking to me? You’re not making a whole lot of sense, man. If admins were a bunch of randomly abusive assholes, I’m sure you would see a lot less of “whining”, but thankfully that’s not the case.

yes. i mean no. yes: ‘thankfully thats not the case’, no: i wasnt talking to anyone in particular. just a rant to whoever was listening. i just thought we should recognise that the level of admin interaction and accountability here, already goes beyond what you could usually expect.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rommel was banned?’ is closed to new replies.