This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Blasterman 12 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

Something I’ve been thinking about for a while – shouldn’t rollers deploy when they hit the top of a cavern? Currently they dud, and that’s a bit dull – being able to drop rollers from above could be an interesting, and entertaining, tactic 🙂

Irishbandit
    Participant

I have always thought that would be fun to!!!

guy parker
    Participant

I think when you hit rollers on the ceiling that it causes them to appear on the ground right below where you hit them on the ceiling.

one other interesting thing is that if you’re covered with dirt and you shoot rollers they don’t blow you up but instead appear on top of the dirt and usually roll off.

cbx550f
    Participant

By jove, you’re right! (on both accounts)

Good to know, thanks Guy!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ha, just fixed both 🙂

Ebonite
    Participant

Aww, man…

*makes note to self to recalculate strategies*

Sondra
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

Aww, man…

That ebo is doing it again 🙄 😉

cbx550f
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Ha, just fixed both 🙂

So, just to be clear, the rollers will deploy at the roof now?

That’ll be great fun! 😀

Thanks Gavin – you’re the best!

cbx550f
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

Aww, man…

May I quote an old friend of mine:
    “the true mark of a skilled player is the ability to adapt. If a player cannot adapt, then maybe that player wasn’t all that skilled to begin with…”
    —Ebonite

😀

Deathstryker
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

@ebonite² wrote:

Aww, man…

May I quote an old friend of mine:
    “the true mark of a skilled player is the ability to adapt. If a player cannot adapt, then maybe that player wasn’t all that skilled to begin with…”
    —Ebonite

😀

OOOOO…. What do you have to say about that Ebo?

Ebonite
    Participant

😛

Everyone is noting that I am recalculating my strategies? I would also like to point out that my skill level is not quite where everyone else’s is. But if we were having a money war, you all would run out of ammo before I would! 😈

jdog
    Participant

I know that is will change some of the game play but if people have been watching when rollers kill someone and a dirt pile is droped rollers can already hit the roof.

Its funny to watch them fly like that, wish I could get it in a screen shot.

Blasterman
    Participant

That’s a great fix! Now if napalms would do the same… 🙂 Oh yes… another interesting dillema… remember those odd times where the ceiling ALMOST touches the ground and someone’s nearby? Maybe the Maximum ceiling depth can be lowered?

jdog
    Participant

or what about raising the ceiling in the cavern so you can pan out the cam and get a better view. The max you can go on the cavern level is the ceiling, on other levels you can pan out farther.

cbx550f
    Participant

Just a note: I LOVE the caverns!

BTW: Does this fix mean that diggers/riots will deform the roof too? Could be a nady feature for trying to sneak a shot through a tough spot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.