This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  The AI 10 years ago.

• Author

BigBear
    Participant

Yep they do. And while we are at it they are a wee bit (may be the understatement of the day or even week) too bouncy when they don’t.

FREAK
    Participant

I have seen this happen several times as well.

I always see this happen very often on those new black spec things that look like burnt trees have been on before or something.

The rollers just keep their “rolling” animation going but they “stick” to the ground.

It’s really funny but its a serious bug that NEEDS to be fixed.

TraT
    Participant

I haven’t been able to play much (still waiting for a Mac version 😥 ), but I’ve seen what you are talking about para. The rollers do sometimes get stuck in a crack. As Thrax noted earlier

If you’ve tested rollers on a Mag shield, you may have seen them
    actually “Stick” to the mag and detonate at it’s perimiter. I’ve also
    seen some stop on a hill-side while the rest of it’s brothers roll onward.

Also, it seems that rollers now have much less friction with the ground, causing them to move under water and also roll faster and then spread out much more. I don’t ever remember the wind affecting the rollers much once they were on the ground previously. In fact the cheapest/easiest way to kill a force shield under water (or on flat ground) was to place heavy rollers right next to the shield and wait for the boom. I never had to adjust that tactic for F5 wind. I was playing the other day in 41 and totally overshot my opponent in the water, but the F2 wind took over and rolled them right to the tank. It adds to the strategy, but the affect is too strong and seems too random (also rollers don’t want to stay in a pit, it’s like they all repel each other).

Deathbal
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

Ok then, but unless my memory is playing tricks on me or something I am sure they did tend to “stick” to the ground when they hit the floor under water. Anyone else remembering this, pretty please? A mans belief in his own sanity (if indeed I ever had any portion of it) is at stake here you know … 😉 😛

Rollers use to always just sit on the ground under water. Now they roll with the wind. It does complicate things immensely.

And Par is correct as well. Sometimes a few rollers will just stop and spin in place.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Para I have noticed the same thing too. Yesterday when I was playing it was happening with all my baby roller shots, not all the rollers got stuck but 1 or 2 would everytime just spinning where they landed.

Princey
    Participant

After speaking with several players on several servers, everyone agrees that the new rollers kinda suck… They seem to have the bouyancy effect of a man who just sat on a flame and they have the same circumference as Jupiter.. Hence forth making them a lil bit of a bastage to play with..

I know many people have agreed with this but i think something should be done because they just dont behave like rollers…. Ok, everyone has already chipped in and asked about them yet is anyone actually going to get up and do anything about it, can anything be done about it or is it one of those things where its a noticed bug, frowned upon and then we just live with it…

Many thanks guys

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant
    Princey wrote:
    After speaking with several players on several servers, everyone agrees that the new rollers kinda suck… They seem to have the bouyancy effect of a man who just sat on a flame and they have the same circumference as Jupiter.. Hence forth making them a lil bit of a bastage to play with..

I’m sure something will happen for the next patch, which will hopefully at least include a built in workaround or complete fix for the 2.6/2.8 build problem with linux along with the other issues people are having.

Knowing the guys that make this game a few ideas have already been thrown about for the best way to resolve this, just needs to be agreed apon and implimented when the patch gets released.

Until then, can we just get on with the game and find something new to moan about, its been brought to their attention, let’s not start harassing the poor guys….

The AI
    Participant

I am not quite sure the effects were predicted at all. Like with the Hoover, or any negative value, this is all similar, who would of thought that on flat maps rollers are the new frogs?

This also allows trickle down development. For I have been given a thought from all of this. Two ways to do gravity, the server side gravity. Or a tag, if you don’t use the tag, its server.

That idea was created when a problem was found. just like silly putty was created in the search for synthetic rubber. I sure didn’t predict that happening, so error reporting and trouble shooting is a useful think to do. I know I am not blaming anyone, how could I? its a free game (except for time, it takes a lot of it), how could I point fingers with a free game?

For an additional example, I already have thought of some things I can do with the MIRV code “glitch” to control weapon range.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.