This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  The AI 10 years ago.

• Author

parasti
    Participant

Haven’t seen this one reported yet. Sometimes (like 50 percent of the time) rollers get “stuck” — their models keep rotating but rollers themselves stop moving forward even though there is nothing in their way. This can happen, for example, while simply rolling down a hill.

The AI
    Participant

odd, I have only seen this happen with the shield that thrax and I have created. Which for the shield is a great feature, was anyone near the roller with a mag? Did this happen in merge with the hoover? There is also the way to counter such things, two little tags and roller are the next frogs; blasting out a few hundred is freaky.

parasti
    Participant

I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing. No, there was no one and nothing near the rollers and I wasn’t playing a mod. You can try this off-line. Just shoot rollers at the nearest hill then watch them roll a couple of times.

BigBear
    Participant

Yeah I’ve seen that too para. Maby not as often as you claim, but still quite a bit.

Btw, are they supposed to roll under water now? That is all good and well, but it gives a player in water on the floor with a shield a monstrous advantage. Napalm, dig & roll and hogs are all useless.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yeah they roll under water, always have.

BigBear
    Participant

Ok then, but unless my memory is playing tricks on me or something I am sure they did tend to “stick” to the ground when they hit the floor under water. Anyone else remembering this, pretty please? A mans belief in his own sanity (if indeed I ever had any portion of it) is at stake here you know … 😉 😛

imported_gcamp
    Participant

No worries, guess that’s possible but not intended :).

parasti
    Participant

Wind didn’t use to have effect under water (but does now), if that’s what you mean.

BigBear
    Participant

@parasti wrote:

Wind didn’t use to have effect under water (but does now), if that’s what you mean.

And there I have my answer. Yep that would explan the effect or rather non effect that I remember.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Sorry, wind always had an effect under water too.

BigBear
    Participant

Hmm, I see. Well it matters not since now they are rolling like they never rolled before under the waves.

Rommel
    Participant

Ok, gee, can’t let your sanity go undefended. YOu haven’t lost it ….. YET. Yes, the old rollers would almost immediately stop when they hit the sea bed. I found this rather annoying but always assumed that this was intended to give the illusion of getting stuck in the mud.

@bigbear wrote:

Ok then, but unless my memory is playing tricks on me or something I am sure they did tend to “stick” to the ground when they hit the floor under water. Anyone else remembering this, pretty please? A mans belief in his own sanity (if indeed I ever had any portion of it) is at stake here you know … 😉 😛

I must go destroy the world now. Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Yea, A roller or two will just stop about 10-15% of the time, even floating in mid air has been witnessed by my eyes (only twice that I recall).
    A fair few times when this happens however they seem to ‘unstick’ JUST before exploding during which time they shoot off in some random direction.

I must state that it usually only effects one of two of the rollers, babies seemingly slightly more effected than the normal ones, but I have not seen with the heavies (maybe as they are so rarely used).

Is quite nice however as it gives ya hope that they may get the kill while the others have almost left the entire map (yes im that bad).

ORCACommander
    Participant

um maybe you just have the tree models turned off

parasti
    Participant

I don’t. And even if I did… Rollers would still explode on contact. They don’t explode, they stop rolling.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.