This topic contains 53 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Spectrum 11 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

Here’s a pic of the first one on the list. It’s the “dome” looking one. It’s simple and uninteresting though so it’s not gonna be as cool as the others. I also kept the exact dimensions of the original (where applicable). OH! It’s also the exact same color.

If Gavin could implement some sort or color choosing scheme (either definable in the XML or automatic) I would like to make more colors for all of them but being that I’d have to make a seperate tank for them all, it would kind’ve clutter up the models.

EDIT: I have uploaded all of the models. Readme and .xml line files are included as well.

NOTE: Do NOT replace the tanks.xml file with the text file in my download. This file merely gives you the extra lines that you need to add manually.

Irishbandit
    Participant

sweet!! 😀

Bobirov
    Participant

Nice idea, very retro. 🙂

jdog
    Participant

nice retro style tank there.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Now you can be the Triple-Turreted tank without having to register Scorched. 😆 Only I added 3 actual turrets to it as a opposed to 1.

There IS a slight shading issue with it where it will be noticeably darker in some triangles than others and I don’t know what’s wrong. It looks fine in MilkShape. *shrugs* oh well.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Here’s one of the artillery thingy. I had some trouble trying to figure out what this tank was modeled after so I kind’ve used my imagination some on the 3rd dimension.

I might change it later on if I think up a better design.

EDIT: A newer revision is shown below this post.

Deathstryker
    Participant

I wasn’t happy with that design so I changed it… Hope this one’s better.

Irishbandit
    Participant

Keep up the good work!!

Deathstryker
    Participant

Does anyone know what the hell this one is suppose to be modeled after because I need to know so I can accurately make it 3D?

It looks kind’ve like a boat to me but I dunno.

Deathstryker
    Participant

no one?

Spectrum
    Participant

a stationary gun turent maybe? Just a guess on my part since i never played the ‘origanl game’. The boat idea is kinda of cool though 😉 💡

Thrax
    Participant

Does anyone know what the hell this one is suppose to be modeled after because I need to know so I can accurately make it 3D?

It looks kind’ve like a boat to me but I dunno.

unknown.jpg

I think it was a simple stationary turret with raised sides. it diddn’t have mobility.

Sort of like the bunker turret, but inverted like a dish.

I always preferred the mini-tank. for it’s fuel-climbing glitch’;
    the ability to dig straight up thru a pile of dirt by alternating left-right..

doom
    Participant

in order for the triple turret tank to work, you need to do some scripting

S3Dfreak
    Participant

I want to download these tanks cuz they look awesome
    [-o<

Deathstryker
    Participant

@doom wrote:

in order for the triple turret tank to work, you need to do some scripting

I think that’s a no brainer but I can’t do that to just one tank. I don’t even know if there’s an option for it but if there is it would apply to all tanks. I’m thinking about making a “block” projectile to go with them.

I guess for that “boat” one I’ll have to use a bit of imagination for it..

Here’s today’s tank. It’s tank number 5.

I have 3 tanks left. 2 are easy and the last will take a bit of designing. I may get 2 more done tomorrow, and the hard one the day after that and afterwards, I’ll release them altogether, with the xml codes and possibly a projectile to go with them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.