This topic contains 35 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

has anyone noticed a giant slowdown, and decrease in their fps? V43 is lagging on my computer, and my frames, in version 42 were the high end of 250. Now with v43 im lucky if i get 8…

Im on Window 7, tried running it in xp mode, get the same problem..

Just wondering

Kanga

Hyde911
    Participant

@Kangabunny wrote:

has anyone noticed a giant slowdown, and decrease in their fps? V43 is lagging on my computer, and my frames, in version 42 were the high end of 250. Now with v43 im lucky if i get 8…

Just wondering

Kanga

I haven’t noticed anything like that Kanga. I would even say that there is slight increase of fps.

@boy wrote:

Your last statement about tells me you have no imagination at all. For players like you we can have a sequential turn server and encourage chart use.

ROTFL

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

@Kangabunny wrote:

Just wondering

Kanga

I would do a spyware scan.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@Levi the Oracle wrote:

I would do a spyware scan.

did one, nothing, i think something in v43 is disliking my comp, or vice versa. 😥

I hope i can find a solution [-o<

Kanga

imported_gcamp
    Participant

What does statetimelogging=on give in the console?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

gives a different frame rate.. still low

this is from the title screen though, actual gameplay is down to 8-14… 🙁

Kanga

edit** i updated my drivers to see if that was the problem, nope.. still getting 7 fps at the main menu.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

uninstalling the game and reinstalling to see if that helps any.

Edit** didnt work, fps still incredibly low.

cleaned out computer with a can of air, made sure gfx card was tight, and all power cable attached firmly.. no luck, still incredibly low.

edit** checked other games fps, to make sure gfx card wasnt wonky or bad.. other games run as smooth as before.

Why is Scorched3d running so slow for me?

I mean were talking about a computer that can max out hawx and barely bat an eye. Max out bad company 2 and not even groan.

Kanga

ArmorWraith
    Participant

can i have this split from here please, so as not to clutter up the release forum, title it something like fps low or soemthing.

Much appreciated

Kangabunny

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

graphics card drivers? it could help others if you post your g card model and exact driver release.

itd be fun to blame that crippled, hideous mess of a kde 4 rip-off that is windows 7, but I doubt it’s that.

make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers – that’s always a good place to start, but if that doesn’t help, you may need go through several driver releases until you find one that works well with your hardware. remember to completely uninstall the old ones before installing new ones

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Could you get that console output again from the actual game this time please.
    Remember to leave it a few times before capturing it to let it settle down.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

ah sorry, mild improvment today. idk why? was getting like 4, its still very choppy. Also color in menu selection only displays black for me, and the <activation sound tag doesnt work for me :(.

I have the latest release version, 43.1b

Kanga

ArmorWraith
    Participant

happend to fins a v42 screenshot that showed a sample of fps before.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The time is all spent drawing the models. Have you always had things like shadows for objects switched on?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

The time is all spent drawing the models. Have you always had things like shadows for objects switched on?

yes. I run everything at max with my gfx card.

gfx card specs: http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-4000/hd-4890/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-4890-specifications.aspx

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Gavin could you also link me to the V42 final release with all the bugs ironed out?

I want to compare some things, and my mods were all in V42, id like to continue using v42 for somethings.

Thanks for your effort it is much appreciated!!

Kanga

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.