This topic contains 84 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 8 years, 3 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #50230

    xtc
    Participant

    @outer wrote:

    Wow, one can be out for some weeks

    Get back to game amigo! We miss you here… though you miss us not often 😀

    – Pizza

    #50231

    on_ice
    Participant

    Hey ppl,

    got a bad and buzzy week here.

    Thanks for all the replies. It’s good to know there is more people that don’t like “runaway resigners”.

    I see now that it is a very commonly used tactic, even by bots.

    I didn’t know there was a resign option on the original game, so though I don’t agree with it, I’ll accept it.

    Thanks for all the feedback. It was good to see so much people replying.

    #50232

    Outer
    Participant

    @xtc wrote:

    @outer wrote:

    Wow, one can be out for some weeks

    Get back to game amigo! We miss you here… though you miss us not often 😀

    – Pizza

    HEY PIZZA!!! long time amigo… tought you dissapeared from Scorched 3D
    I miss the game a lot! and i miss sending my pals a good load of missiles 😆

    #50233

    on_ice
    Participant

    Hey Pizza! Nice disguise! Nice too see you around 🙂

    Back to the topic.

    After reading the thread over again I agree with Jurily:
    @jurily wrote:

    Alternatively, make resigns public the second they push that button, not just have them disappear out of nowhere. That gives a fair chance to the shooter too.

    If the player wants to resign fine, but save the other player round. Give him the chance to decide if he can hit the target in one round or get another target now. Just like with shields (and chutes, you can hear them when the other player enables them).

    That would be the simplest way for “resign” to be more “fair”. On the game you can hear the others enabling chutes and shields, “resign” could be announced too.

    Please note that my opinion has changed from “-1” kill to this point.

    Another thing, I resigned… It happen (twice) on the beginners server. Round 9 and 10. Me and Real had 2 round wins and 10 kills each. 10 players on the server, all playing AIF (2 bots). On round 8 I said “aif” just to remember people that 2 bots had arrived. But the next round I completely forgot about them!!! I had being playing all the round 8, won it and got distracted from the aif rule – being used to play on the main server also helped to the distraction! So, round 9 and I see Real sitting one step down the hill and kill him with a sandhog to secure my win! Wrong, there was 2 bots on the game.

    If I didn’t resign, I would kill a bot and/or win the round. That wouldn’t be fair (we had the same number of wins and kills), so I resigned. Both me and Real got to round 10 still with the same kills and wins.

    I think that was the main purpose of the existence of “resign”: to resign.

    The story would end happily and with justice if there was no round 10. Again I was distracted (at home) and when the round 10 came up, I see both Real and Run down the hill again waiting for a funky to hit them… Geez, I did it again… 2 bots on the game and I shoot people… A fatal distraction, so I clicked “resign” again, although I didn’t hit neither of them. It (resigning) was deserved since they both where shooting the bots and not me.

    #50234

    xtc
    Participant

    @outer wrote:

    HEY PIZZA!!! long time amigo… tought you dissapeared from Scorched 3D
    I miss the game a lot! and i miss sending my pals a good load of missiles 😆

    I thought the same for a while… but was so hard not to be back! 😀
    What problems do you have with playing game? No time? Many things to do? Just start playing and soon you’ll find everything else to be so insignificant 😆

    @on_ice wrote:

    Hey Pizza! Nice disguise! Nice too see you around Smile

    LOL Ice! Was not so much of ‘disguise’… all ppl around calling me pizza…
    But nice to see you too 🙂

    @on_ice wrote:

    @jurily wrote:

    Alternatively, make resigns public the second they push that button, not just have them disappear out of nowhere. That gives a fair chance to the shooter too.

    If the player wants to resign fine, but save the other player round. Give him the chance to decide if he can hit the target in one round or get another target now. Just like with shields (and chutes, you can hear them when the other player enables them).

    That would be the simplest way for “resign” to be more “fair”. On the game you can hear the others enabling chutes and shields, “resign” could be announced too.

    That would simply lead to pressing resign button in last seconds.

    And as for shield and chutes… unfortunately we still have this DD… I believe it was a telepathic attack, alien invasion into DB’s mind, which gave him that idea… 🙁

    #50235

    Deathbal
    Participant

    It is up the each player to decide what he wants to do. No need to announce someone is resigning. The shooter needs to make his decision. It’s part of the game. Finish him off now, or go for the bigger threat. No one should feel obligated to sit and wait to die. Nothing else is announced. I don’t see, shooting rollers, shooting funky……no one should see resigning. Just assume it, if you crippled but failed to kill, that he will resign. No one has a right to a kill. Instead of whining about not getting the kill, you should be mad about not being good enough to get the kill in the first place.

    #50236

    Rommel
    Participant

    Nicely said@deathbal wrote:

    It is up the each player to decide what he wants to do. No need to announce someone is resigning. The shooter needs to make his decision. It’s part of the game. Finish him off now, or go for the bigger threat. No one should feel obligated to sit and wait to die. Nothing else is announced. I don’t see, shooting rollers, shooting funky……no one should see resigning. Just assume it, if you crippled but failed to kill, that he will resign. No one has a right to a kill. Instead of whining about not getting the kill, you should be mad about not being good enough to get the kill in the first place.

    Maybe whinning about people not dying fast enough is in vouge. Sure seems that way to me. 😉

    #50237

    BigBear
    Participant

    @ DB & Romm
    Well said!!!

    #50238

    vihor
    Participant

    resign is like stealing and must be penalty – yes, resign is like self kill

    #50239

    xtc
    Participant

    @vihor wrote:

    resign is like stealing and must be penalty – yes, resign is like self kill

    😯 Can’t remember seeing anyone managed to resign being shot by you V!
    Or maybe there were times when all other 11 players were resigning first shot, so you managed to get only 3-5 kills in round? That must really suck. 😯

    #50240

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hoepfully this thread has not been forgotten. Considering the current discussion, perhaps it would be good to look through it again all the same.

Viewing 11 posts - 76 through 86 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.