This topic contains 84 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 8 years, 3 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #50215

    Irishbandit
    Participant

    hhmmmm I got page 5!!!!!!!!!! 😆 😆

    #50216

    xtc
    Participant

    @jurily wrote:

    @xtc wrote:

    @jurily wrote:

    You’re right, I didn’t have anything useful to say. LD said it before me: Award the kill to the last player to damage the resigning one. That way everyone’s happy.

    I definitely WONT be happy when people start getting kill points for nothing. (Ah, sorry. Thats not nothing. Thats GREAT SHOTS of diggers.)

    For nothing? Then why do they have the urge to resign?

    Because they see no chances to win the round. It is their business, not anyone else’s.

    @jurily wrote:

    Let me repeat that:
    @jurily wrote:

    Alternatively, make resigns public the second they push that button, not just have them disappear out of nowhere. That gives a fair chance to the shooter too.

    As in, you know, not when they disappear, but when I still have the option to switch weapons accordingly.

    Accordingly?
    Why not displaying weapons other people are going to shoot?
    Shields they gonna turn on – not in last second, but once turn started? Fuel they gonna use (and also showing destination point they chose to drive?). Teleports?

    You want too much! It is always YOUR BUSINESS to choose proper weapon and make proper shot. And always YOUR FAULT if you failed.
    Always YOUR BUSINESS to have proper weapon. And YOUR FAULT if you dont have it.
    Didn’t you ever see people shooting DHs while they could get kill with baby missile? And they say – ‘to make sure’. If you want to be sure in your kills, use expensive stuff, its the only way. You cannot know the intentions of your enemies, and that is what makes game interesting.

    You all people want to see resign something different from using shields or fuel. But in game with many rounds it is a legal tactic move, nothing more. And there are disadvantages it brings to doer.

    Don’t get that insane talk about self-kills, punishments etc…

    It’s in the game, go ahead and use it. I was just trying to point out a couple of issues in the gameplay that make the game a lot less fun for me.

    Less fun? Knowing everything in advance would be FUN for you?

    Ever tried resigning yourself when disabled and watching stooooooooooooopid opponent unable to hit you again and again?
    These SILLY NOOBISH SHOTS? Dont they irritate? When you are about to give advice how to adjust shots to kill you? When you actually DO GIVE ADVICE but opponent is TOO SKILLED, TOO GOOD to listen to you?

    You know actually resigning is quite fun. You give one chance when do it, thats more then enough. You give people lesson with it. “Shoot better, or shoot better things”.

    If someone is unable to kill NOW AND HERE, he has no rights for this kill.
    Nothing ‘belongs’ to nobody in the game, claim target yours if you like but others will come and steal it.
    So is with resigns. Shots are over? Target gone? Forget it. Choose another.

    #50217

    Rommel
    Participant

    You forgot the last part. BOOM!@laptops Daddy wrote:

    @bigbear wrote:

    This is a completely new side of you to me Lappy. I knew that you like to wind ppl up, but this whole I am holier than thou ’cause I am the king of morality and the defender of honour I didn’t see coming. Quite an interesting development I have to say.

    @Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:

    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon you.

    We should play more, BBear : ) [bowing Japanese style]

    I hope you haven’t forgotten that he eventually saw the error of his ways. 😉

    I love games like this! Did I win anything?

    Rommel

    #50218

    Mcb Lover
    Participant

    Yes Rommel…you did….you won the freedom of word

    #50219

    TraT
    Participant

    I don’t resign (except against resigners) for the same reason I don’t dirt: That’s not the game I want to play or that I want Scorched to become. If everyone resigned, I would too, but it wouldn’t be the same. Since most people don’t resign, the occasional resign is not a problem. Also, with the assist and the wait till the shot ends, the negative impact that resigns used to have has been lessened, so I don’t totally hate it. I do like the idea of buying resigns. Then all (of most) stigma would cease because you would have to “pay” for a resign.

    The main reason to resign, that I see, is to pad your Skill pts. Especially if you are going to get killed by a low skilled player. (You lose more skill pts by being killed by low skilled player than by a high skilled player). Since Skill is only used for bragging rights (and you have to look at the stats to see them), I don’t see a need to pad my skill level by doing something I don’t like. I know that people w/ a high number of resigns would actually have a lower skill level than they do now if they stayed and got killed and that mine (and others) would be higher if we did. One solution, would be to lower the Skill by the number of resigns …

    #50220

    Mcb Lover
    Participant

    Trat…i know u played in first scorched Earth…there are resigns too but game give you money for your resign….really i dont resign often…only if see danger for my place in game ( and of course if hitted and see no chances to even get kill)..

    #50221

    BigBear
    Participant

    @trat wrote:

    The main reason to resign, that I see, is to pad your Skill pts. Especially if you are going to get killed by a low skilled player. (You lose more skill pts by being killed by low skilled player than by a high skilled player). Since Skill is only used for bragging rights (and you have to look at the stats to see them), I don’t see a need to pad my skill level by doing something I don’t like. I know that people w/ a high number of resigns would actually have a lower skill level than they do now if they stayed and got killed and that mine (and others) would be higher if we did. One solution, would be to lower the Skill by the number of resigns …

    Seriously, how cares about skill rating? It’s kind of a useless stat that doesn’t tell you much. The reason you resign is to minimize your opponents influx of points and cash relative to you. This whole issue is about what would be an appropriate cost for using it (allthough some seem to think it’s a crusade to get rid of this eeeeeevil practice that is not a proper tactic or whatever).

    #50222

    jdog
    Participant

    My god, this is still going on?

    Its part of the game, you either do it or not.

    #50223

    Rommel
    Participant

    Sssshhhhhhh … @jdog wrote:

    My god, this is still going on?

    Its part of the game, you either do it or not.

    I think it’s going to sleep. When it does we’re ALL going to gather round and ….

    KILL IT !

    #50224

    BigBear
    Participant

    @Mcb Lover wrote:

    …really i dont resign often…only if see danger for my place in game ( and of course if hitted and see no chances to even get kill)..

    You just listed the two main situations where it’s meaningful to resign, meaning that you use it every chance you get! 😉 😛

    @jdog wrote:

    My god, this is still going on?

    Its part of the game, you either do it or not.

    I do see your point, but it’s an issue that inevitably will come up every now and then as long as new players trickle into the community. In addition a debate about the balance of the cost of resigning will always be a work in progress and it doesn’t hurt to discuss that aspect every now and then imo.

    @rommel wrote:

    Sssshhhhhhh … I think it’s going to sleep. When it does we’re ALL going to gather round and ….

    KILL IT !

    That I’d like to see Romm. Unless you managed to sneak home from work with a stash of plutonium and plan to nuke the beast that is the resign debate. 😉 😛

    #50225

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi Big Bear:

    No, nothing like that, although it did look like a meltdown was building there at first but we seem to be getting back to more normal operation now.
    @bigbear wrote:

    That I’d like to see Romm. Unless you managed to sneak home from work with a stash of plutonium and plan to nuke the beast that is the resign debate. 😉 😛

    I suspect that the man on the back of the Fem Hundra Kronor note to be Crown Prince Charles John but can’t find out why he is wearing the Iron Cross. I know it’s usage goes back to Napolian and that if this is Charles John, that he fought first for then later against Napolean, but who awarded it to him and why?

    Back on topic …. For whatever humor value this is worth, I was in a game a couple of days ago on the main server and was injured too seriously to fire. Hit resign, there were only two players remaining other than me. Seeing me too crippled to fire, they killed each other with the next shot. I would have won the round had I stayed. Penalty applied.

    We all had a good laugh with me leading the LOLs. I make a choice, I chose wrong, it happens. The main thing is having fun, not winning. I’m once again having fun.

    I wish much fun to you all,

    Rommel

    #50226

    BigBear
    Participant

    @rommel wrote:

    I suspect that the man on the back of the Fem Hundra Kronor note to be Crown Prince Charles John but can’t find out why he is wearing the Iron Cross. I know it’s usage goes back to Napolian and that if this is Charles John, that he fought first for then later against Napolean, but who awarded it to him and why?

    That is Christopher Polhem, (1661-1751). He was a swedish scientist, inventor and industrialist. The thing around his neck is not an iron cross, but more likely the insignia of some swedish royal order he recieved upon being made nobility by the king for his scientific/industrial endeavours. The iron cross was introduced by King Frederick Willam III of Preussia and first awarded on March 10th in 1813 at Breslau (now Wroclav). There are in fact a multitude of different orders througout Europe that drew inspiration for their insignias from the old religious orders that often used a cross (the Teutonic Order’s insignia inspired the iron cross for example). 😉

    @rommel wrote:

    Back on topic …. For whatever humor value this is worth, I was in a game a couple of days ago on the main server and was injured too seriously to fire. Hit resign, there were only two players remaining other than me. Seeing me too crippled to fire, they killed each other with the next shot. I would have won the round had I stayed. Penalty applied.

    That is pretty much why they call it a calculated risk yes? You win some and you loose some.

    #50227

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi Big Bear:

    Thanks for the info. Wikipedia doesn’t measure up. 😉
    @bigbear wrote:

    @rommel wrote:

    Back on topic …. For whatever humor value this is worth, I was in a game a couple of days ago on the main server and was injured too seriously to fire. Hit resign, there were only two players remaining other than me. Seeing me too crippled to fire, they killed each other with the next shot. I would have won the round had I stayed. Penalty applied.

    That is pretty much why they call it a calculated risk yes? You win some and you loose some.

    Yes

    Later,

    Rommel

    #50228

    Outer
    Participant

    Wow, one can be out for some weeks and longs posts arise! Interesting debate coming up (ending ? just kidding). But to resign is a valid strategy, we are of course in a battle field were oppenents can have a spirit of fight and will fight til the end!! while others can retire too. Resigning, for me, cuase i’ve resigned several times is to deny an opponent to get a kill which will give him advantage in position in the current game, and also to prevent him from winning some cash 🙂 . Of course theres the evil part on resigning every single time you get hurt or whatever the reason is … – damn Hobbs 😈 –

    IMo is a valid tactic for which ever reason you use it … good for the one who resigns (in the proper context) bad for the one who is denied the kill … -damn Hobbs again 😉 –

    #50229

    Mcb Lover
    Participant

    Damn your study Outer!!!
    come back and try to let some ppl to make few resigns.
    hehe

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.