This topic contains 65 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Chopper 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

nobody said eliminate resigns, did they? I didn’t
    The current resign feature is actually not bad, end of turn is a good way to do it. but we don’t need it, since the “skip all turns” was instituted. Annoyances can’t be removed from real life so easily, but they can be removed from games! Yay!

Its like Dire said, resigning is just annoying, most players naturally don’t like it and will give the kill even if means losing. The bottom line is Players have more fun when nobody resigns.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you would fit the situation.

the real war argument
    Players use the Real War thing to demonstrate that resigning should not be free, even thoug it is realistic to retreat in war. We all understand that in a real life or death situations you’d do anything it took to survive. Games aren’t quite like that though. In this game we get to come back to life! The issue is scoring.

I really don’t mind it when people resign, just like I don’t mind saying ‘vns’ to Vihor. So long as square counting is not gloated about, I don’t mind if players do it.

I figure resigning would really be worth gloating about if it actually cost something, so I began this thread. Is that so worth getting worked up about?

BigBear
    Participant

In my first post on this topic I was very zealous about heavy penalties for resigning. After some additional consideration and reading peoples arguments in this thread I have reconsidered and decided to write one more post regarding this issue.

I still feel that there needs to be a cost for resigning other than having to live through the last move after selecting it. That said, the penalty shouldn’t be so severe that it renders the tactic completely useless. If points are deducted there would be no sense in resigning at all. Therefore it seems more suitable that the cost for resigning should be of a monetary nature. Cash loss or loss of interest doesn’t matter to me, but it would add a needed (imo) cost and at the same time keep it as a viable tactic for those who wish to use it.

Ebonite
    Participant

far more players don’t like dirting, why aren’t we debating imposing penalties on dirting?

You are entitled to your opinions, even if I don’t lke them, “resigning is just annoying,” and “Players have more fun when nobody resigns” among them.

And I do unto others as I would have them do unto me. In the very rare cases when somebody resigns on me, I accept their concession and respect their decision. I don’t whine about the loss of kill, money, score, stats, or weapon. Yet when I resign, well, I really need to learn how to use that player mute function.

Resigning was a contentious issue a couple years ago. Despite the best efforts on the parts of myself and many others, a negative change was made to the function. We accepted it, and the anti-resigners were appeased. Now resigning is under attack again. Tell me why I should just roll over and take it. Resigning seems to be the gas tax of Scorched…

BigBear
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

far more players don’t like dirting, why aren’t we debating imposing penalties on dirting?

You’ll get no argument there from me, but when talking about a weapon that would more likely be a debate over the price (like the ongoing funky price thread) yes?

@ebonite² wrote:

Resigning was a contentious issue a couple years ago. Despite the best efforts on the parts of myself and many others, a negative change was made to the function. We accepted it, and the anti-resigners were appeased. Now resigning is under attack again. Tell me why I should just roll over and take it. Resigning seems to be the gas tax of Scorched…

One reason this particular issue has arisen at this particular time might be that this stat series after 2.5 months of playing is rapidly closing in in the number of resigns that the whole of version 39.1 series 2 that went on for over 6 months resulted in.
    Noone is asking you or anyone else to roll over and take anything. On the other hand you can’t expect people with the opposite opinion to keep quiet because some people think it’s “whiny” to debate the current state of the resign or because the was a big debate ages ago (meant relatively offcourse). A lot of new ppl have joined (and some have left) since a couple of years ago. No issue can ever be expected to be “over and done with” for all time.

BOY
    Participant

I agree with both of BB’s last two…

@ Ebo, In the rare occasion I encounter resigns in the game, I do not whine about it. I only whine about it here, as I think it important to keep the overall trend in resigning at a miminum. 😉

I don’t think I’ve seriously whined about anything at the server in a very long time. If a player resigns, in the game you might here me say.. “bummer” thats about it.

HWB
    Participant

@hwb wrote:

I voted money…But I’d like to see that the resigner gets no cash at the end of the round. I resign…..but it is time to give the resigner a penalty.

I am sticking with this statement. No interest to the resigner or half interest. Also DireWolf mention in game maybe allowing only 1 resign per game.

Chopper
    Participant

Da Chop Hammers Resign weiners…………
    Da Chop Hammers Dirt weiners…….
    Word

(you think i’m bad………wait’ll u meet the Irish guy)

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.