This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Willis
    Participant

1) When a person self kills, although there is a cash penalty there is no score penalty.

Can we get an option to set a self-kill penalty? Maybe going with the resign topic just give an option in settings to assign one?

Preferably one that dosn’t limit to being smaller then kill reward (aka .. you could get 10 points for a kill but loose 20 for a self kill 😈 )

2) Why do when killing a target, you get assist points? I really don’t think you can assist yourself..

apache64d
    Participant

I think to get a -1 kill and money is enough.
    When u resign u do it intentualy when u kills self u, most of times, not including cbxing, DO NOT intenteding to do it. u do it by a mistake. So y punish more a person just, lets say joined his first game and doesn’t know that when he has onlt few powers left he shouldn’t shoot because he will kill himself? or just miss calculate the angle and the rollers rolled back to him (u guys know what i’m talking about righ? 🙂 ) ?

My opion, the penatly for killing self is appropiate.

Willis
    Participant

Well when the system was based on wins/kills/money (or whatever combination) I can agree, considering it helps balance in itself. It’s taking away from the overall chances of winning.

But in the score system, a -1 to your kills does not effect your score what so ever. True its an accident in some or most cases but it still happens. Your chances of an overall win are not affected what so ever.

One key senerio for me personally, is in Scavenger Hunt. If your low in heath hey no probably kill yourself you got more lives… besides if you do so in the process of shooting cargo, or funky and get a few kills, there’s no downside to self killing.

If on the other hand there was a small penalty, it woudln’t be the best choice to make.

I’m not saying a mandatory value be applied, just the option exist if people want to use it.

BOY
    Participant

we get lucky kill points, so yes, we should get unlucky, selfkill minus points too.

Bobirov
    Participant

@willis wrote:

Can we get an option to set a self-kill penalty? Maybe going with the resign topic just give an option in settings to assign one?

I agree there should be a setting for this. Score is the new measure of how the game is won. The more ways it can be affected by the server/mod, the better. 🙂

Thrax
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@willis wrote:

Can we get an option to set a self-kill
    penalty? Maybe going with the resign topic just give an option in settings
    to assign one?

I agree there should be a setting for this. Score is the new measure of
    how the game is won. The more ways it can be affected by the
    server/mod, the better. 🙂

It’s hard to judge who’s really winning..
    Serverside, there’s no field showing us Win/Assist/Cash anymore.
    All we have it one _Score_ field. Supposedly to tell us admin’s exactly
    how a player’s doing.

wow, a 14! that say’s it all!
    🙁

Bobirov
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

It’s hard to judge who’s really winning..
    Serverside, there’s no field showing us Win/Assist/Cash anymore.
    All we have it one _Score_ field. Supposedly to tell us admin’s exactly
    how a player’s doing.

wow, a 14! that say’s it all!
    🙁

So I am not the only one who misses that? I always liked being able to monitor who was saving their cash and such. Having that added back in with score tacked on the end of it would be great, I agree.

Wolf
    Participant

The cash saving idea is neat. It would reinforce the fact that buying the bigger weapons might not be the best way to kill.

In most cases, the accidental suicide is caused by the big radius of your own weapon. That cannot be helped, and that’s the price you pay for using those big weapons. However, what I truly dislike, is when the Kill effect, comes back to kill you despite you using a baby missile, which you have No control over. This I do no agree with. It would be nice if you could turn off the kill effects, or at least give server admin’s the option to pick what effect goes off. Only then would I really like the point reduction for ‘self kills’.

On the note of the amount of self kill point reduced, why are you guys arguing over how many? Why not just make it adjustable like the money/points are now?

cbx550f
    Participant

The “afterkill” can be, and is, controlled “by the server admin. What actually happens is that when someone dies, it calls a DeathAnimation “weapon”, which normally just drops random weapons (which in turn, may kill you).

Personally, I like this, as it adds some random humour to the game. 🙂

Things I have been thinking of adding to the DeathAnimation on my server: Loss/increase of health and/or lives, giving the shooter a weapon or defence, teleporting the shooter to the dead tank’s position, etc.

Oh, and the “making the self-kill points/money adjustable” idea is a good one. 😉

cbx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.