This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

A couple of weeks ago I was browsing through the forums when I came across this link:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/stats/allseries.php

I’d hit the stats icon before but never bothered clicking on the previous stats link found within the current stats.

To my surprise, I went back as far as one could go and looked at some of the names on that list. I said, “WOW”, I know some of these folks. Wowbagger, hobbesme, Willis, Ebo, NoMoreSteve, etc..

So here’s the idea:

To have a stats page that says something to the effect of:

SCORCHED3D
    HALL OF FAME

What this page would do is display total kills from a single unique ID for all versions ever played. Then rank the players based on total kills from the main server. I took the liberty of adding up a few examples in excel and here are the numbers:

Wowbaggers 16819 Kills
    Vihor 10493
    NoMoreSteve 9650
    XAL 7309
    CBX550f 7287
    Mandy 6931
    BOY 5187
    REDI (retired) 4855
    Hobbesme 3751
    BigBear 3431
    BytemE 1823

It could also diplay their infamous medal count on the far right and include other sortable stats as well.

I. Some of the things I’m hoping such a feature would promote:

Might Bring some players out of retirement.

Might encourage players to play with only one unique ID. granted sometimes the hard drive crashes, but I think their original ID could be retrieved.

More Activity in the Main Server (that’s why NO BOTS should ever be placed in Main, unless in the future 1 bot was placed in there while you waited for a second player to arrive and the bot stats would never count nor the number of times you killed the bot)

All Records are meant to be broken, but you gotta know what they are first.

Wee-lads like them ScorchKids (cbx pending) will take a look at it and say………..gee dad..someday I’m gonna hit 16,819 Home Runs too! (oops wrong forum)

II. Some things that would need sorting out:

Version 37 is just a list of players and kills. Not sure how simple it will be to incorporate that list with the others versions which link a player ID to every subsequent version. Would it be simpler to just ignore version37 and treat that version as some sort of “Pre-Season” event and not count toward the final count? that would sux as that series seemed quite long.

Total number of players to be displayed in the “HALL OF FAME” Stats page: 100? 200? 250? Certainly not everyone as it would be a list to honor those who’ve left their mark in the scorch community, whether good or evil, still active or retired.

III. Boogers:

Does Wowbagger really need another reason to be shot first? prob not.

Please make comments or add to the idea

(looks like youve got to log in to see excel screenshot of the kill counts, any1 know how to post a picture that can be seen without having to log in?)

cbx550f
    Participant

heh – good stuff – fun reading, NP. 🙂
    I like the idea too – I’ll think about a good way to parse the data to glean the info out. 😉

as for the v37 – Many of us recognize the names of virtually everyone. lol We could just add them in. 🙂

xal
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

as for the v37 – Many of us recognize the names of virtually everyone. lol We could just add them in. 🙂

I agree with CBX. The hall of fame would be a great idea, but to leave out the early versions would be wrong (not just because I would disappear of the tables, lol). There are many players such as Goose and Paris who are no less great just because they don’t play anymore. They helped in a big way to create the game as it is now and their contribution should not be forgotten.

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

exactly! They have to be included, no butts about it. Leave it up to cbx & other computer wizards to figure out how.

Did paris and goose decide to disappear after v37 or were there others version prior to v37? what were those like? cuz we have it good now.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@np-theoutlaw wrote:

exactly! They have to be included, no butts about it. Leave it up to cbx & other computer wizards to figure out how.

Did paris and goose decide to disappear after v37 or were there others version prior to v37? what were those like? cuz we have it good now.

Paris still shows up from time to time.

BOY
    Participant

Great Idea!

BigBear
    Participant

Cool idea NP!

This just might be one of the best ideas I’ve seen to promote more traffic on main. No major changes or decisions to be discussed, just pure incentive for those that might be inclined towards stats glory.

I must comment though that I pity the poor family of the man/woman that decides to try and catch up with the top 3 without having at least a 5-10 stat series plan in mind 😉

apache64d
    Participant

I didn’t made it to the top 10? 😕 😀
    I;m not sure but I think I managed 😀

Yes great Idea, NP! 💡

cbx550f
    Participant

Well, according to that chart up there I REALLY need a hobby. 😛

Wowbagger
    Participant

Does this mean I’m a Scorchedaholic? 😀

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

@wowbagger wrote:

Does this mean I’m a Scorchedaholic? 😀

Say it baby!!!! Say it.

Ummmm……I’m still in denial mode. but i digress.

Anybody wanna start guessing who’ll end as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd?? B4 this idea turns into reality.

In no particular order, I might be inclined to guess Wow, Apollo, and some darkhorse which isn’t obvious to me. or perhaps the more obvious killa would be Vihor the Great.

@xal wrote:

There are many players such as Goose and Paris who are no less great just because they don’t play anymore.

Something interesting to note: took a quick look at top 100 in Main as of today, and by golly there appears to be a “Paris” in the stats….could it be??? It seems Zebulon is making a statement of Identity perhaps. And It also looks like “Goose” has posted something in the offtopic forum “southpark season premiere”

Could it be that the pot has been stirred up and is starting to brew for a hellavu new ERA in main where old school collides with new skool?

If Goose returns…………..let’s see…we’ve got a Maverick…which means we’re gonna need an Iceman, Viper, Cougar, and a Jester………wait……….my bad…we’ve already got JiNx for the part of the Jester.

😛

apache64d
    Participant

Zebulon is Paris’ son..

BOY
    Participant

This thread really got me thinking and I have busted out a whole new string of stats questions.

In light of the Hall of fame stats page. I’d like to see the skill mean something.

First off. I’d like to see the term skill be changed to Rating

A highly rated player may or may not even have skill. For instance, the players that cheat. A rating is more closely related to the stats themselves, while a skill rating seems to be taken very personally. Skill is not always the case though. There is also a bit of luck.

Take the quarterback rating as an example. In football, the reciever must catch the ball for the reception to count. In Scorched, the oposing player might miss you, which is not up to you.

So, one stat for the Hall of Fame would be HIGHEST RATED PLAYERS

other good ones might be
    Most all time kills, shots, rounds played, games won, time played, etc….
    Most kills in a single day, and single game
    Highest Kill ratio (one for each class >200 kills & >2000 kills)
    Most Multi-kill bonus (the slugger)
    Highest game score
    The $999,999 club

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

v40 ended so I decided to update the little chart I put together and picked an additional 10 not so random players.

for your sheer amusement.

Irishbandit
    Participant

😀 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.