This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 8 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

tumbleweed
    Participant

Hi there, I don’t remember seeing you, so if I was there (as,79spitfire), and didn’t say Hi, then I’m sorry.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i wouldnt read too much into silent players. maybe theyve just disabled chat. could be for any number of reasons – work, kids, parents… maybe its just broken.

i like silent players. theyre kind of like blank scrabble chips.

ps:
    i heard it was possibly gcamp himself, keeping his identity secret for risk of groupies

Rommel
    Participant

I seriously doubt that S.A.M. is Gavin Camp. However, there is a video on the net that suggests that S.A.M.’s name may indeed be Gavin.

SHAZZAM !!!

Not so fast.

I feel quite certain that S.A.M would not allow his true identity to be revealed, so the video is somewhat suspect in the fact that it has remained publicly available for such a long time.

@laptops Daddy wrote:

i wouldnt read too much into silent players. maybe theyve just disabled chat. could be for any number of reasons – work, kids, parents… maybe its just broken.

i like silent players. theyre kind of like blank scrabble chips.

ps:
    i heard it was possibly gcamp himself, keeping his identity secret for risk of groupies

Knowing how difficult this may be and the dangers involved; I will publicly present a gold star and my personal commendation for outstanding research to the first person that posts the link to video making this disclosure.

tumbleweed
    Participant

very funny…

NOT

Rommel
    Participant

Dear Mystery Lovers:

Due to PMs, I have provided clues that I have not shared publicly. In order to get everyone up to speed and on the same page, the clues given thus far are as follows :

To begin your search, relax and try not to force anything.
    Use your eyes and try to see what you see. (I love this one)
    If you can see HIM, you can find him.
    Clues are not always visual.
    If you search my older posts looking for clues, and are perceptive, you may find something helpful.

Realizing that by recently providing you with only one avatar, I feel that I have not given you a fair shot at this. Although I have several more S.A.M.’s that aren’t shown below, these should be all you need.

I hope you all have a terrific weekend and happy hunting.

Sincerely,

S.A.M.

Hyde911
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Also keep in mind that “free for all” is the official rule on both beginners and the main server. MCB or any other rules are just gentlemans rules and can be broken at any time. Sometimes on purpose but mostly by mistake by people that don’t know what mcb is.

That’s correct. But there some players (e.g. tnick) who are very offesive to players who break mcb rules. Even if he is noob and propably doesnt know what mcb is.

Deathbal
    Participant

Define offensive.

Hyde911
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Define offensive.

Players who dont obey rules become primary target of rest. I know its allowed, but it sux. Especially it concerns mostly noobs.

Imagine: Youre first time in game. You have no idea what its all about. Somebody tells ‘missilies batteries and chutes only”. You dont know what he is talking about and then everybody shoot at you.
    And there are also people that just dont understand english.

Deathbal
    Participant

@hyde911 wrote:

@deathbal wrote:

Define offensive.

Players who dont obey rules become primary target of rest. I know its allowed, but it sux. Especially it concerns mostly noobs.

Imagine: Youre first time in game. You have no idea what its all about. Somebody tells ‘missilies batteries and chutes only”. You dont know what he is talking about and then everybody shoot at you.

That is what I was looking for. You really can’t control who players choose to shoot. It is no different than when people decide to shoot the dirter first. Same goes for AIF. I’ve seen people add the noob to the AIF rule. Mob rule is allowed. People have many opinions on what sux, what is fair, who is honorable, the list goes on. We can’t pick and choose.

tumbleweed
    Participant

The MCB was just an example. I wasn’t looking for a debate on the subject.

I really had myself convinced someone had indeed come up with a “remote bot”.

I’m sure you all have had a great laugh about this now….

Hyde911
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

@hyde911 wrote:

@deathbal wrote:

Define offensive.

That is what I was looking for. You really can’t control who players choose to shoot. It is no different than when people decide to shoot the dirter first. Same goes for AIF. I’ve seen people add the noob to the AIF rule. Mob rule is allowed. People have many opinions on what sux, what is fair, who is honorable, the list goes on. We can’t pick and choose.

I saw many time when someone say: lets shoot him first. And most of the rest do it. Its not coincidence, but punishment for not obeying rules. Of course we cannot forbid it, but i dont like it.

Deathbal
    Participant

saw many time when someone say: lets shoot him first. And most of the rest do it. Its not coincidence, but punishment for not obeying rules. Of course we cannot forbid it, but i dont like it.

I understand. I know that you do as well. What I was hoping to get out was what you considered offensive since you did not explain it in your post. People reading it could assume he was verbally offensive. Which is why I asked you to define.

A noob coming into S3D is on trial by fire. It has always been that way since i’ve joined. For many reasons. Those that truly love the game will stick it out no matter what. This is truly a game of natural selection.

Rommel
    Participant

About S.A.M. being a bot … I’m not sure about the others but … @tumbleweed wrote:

The MCB was just an example. I wasn’t looking for a debate on the subject.

I really had myself convinced someone had indeed come up with a “remote bot”.

I’m sure you all have had a great laugh about this now….

S.A.M. was flattered and asked me to say thank you on his behalf. He’s a cartoon character with absolutly no autonomy. A bot, although limited by it’s programming, would be a step up for S.A.M. in that respect.

About players treating others coarsely because someone isn’t playing the game the way that they desire …

I witnessed two new players getting jumped on earlier today for not playing AIF on the bot server.
    They were ordered to play AIF instead of being asked if they minded not playing FFA.
    When I tried to explain the rules, to them, one of the older players told me to STFU.

I stated that I was the keeper of the rules and wasn’t challanged further.

In both instances, the new players conformed and played AIF. Soon after, I witnessed the AI FIRST player (in first place) kill the second place human with a sand hog. It was the first shot of the round.

He said, “Sorry bro, wasn’t going for you.”

Funny stuff.

Chopper
    Participant

I used to stay away from begginners…..then started going awhile back when no one was on main. Enjoyed killing ais first because I like this to be a “human” game.

I might check in there from time 2 time…..but it can remain the domain of those that play there…noob and experienced. Older players wanting to dominate noobs can have it. Mandy was the usual admin presence there and I hope she can find the time to return.

Bots are simply practice targets to me, dirters are weiners and will die.
    I’ll be on main and maybe some mod servers……having fun with the world. =D>
    Word.

Rommel
    Participant

The last contestant has abandoned the Find S.A.M. Challange.
    Therefore, in order to end the mystery and share a little fun
    with you all, I present :

S.A.M. – A popular cartoon character created by Tak Toyoshima.

[attachment=0:1m6ftegp]SAMFace.PNG[/attachment:1m6ftegp]
    The video which explains a little about S.A.M. and also
    indicates that his name may be Gavin can be found on
    You Tube.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.