This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

SPYRER
    Participant

Concerning a night or dusk map there are ways to enhance it

Night vision equipment ( just a green enhancement filter)

or a parachute flare?

The weapons race is always been on I dont want to see uber weapons replace skill.

LASERS or perhaps a hyper kinetic weapon (AKA railgun) direct fire that can shoot though things.

Money earning bonus targets, bunnies, whales, blimps, peace protesters
    that apear at random

Random events, CNN news chopper, forces a truce or event, tornados, tidal waves, thunderstorms that do damage,(do I drop my shield or risk becoming a lightning rod).

Phalenx type anti missile defence for the bigger items, deaths head or slow moving munitiions. So a 10% chance to shoot down it its in range. But have it as an item to be equipped, just a sound effect and a range.

ECM, when activated it creates a clone of your tank in a random place for a couple rounds

Chemical/acid clouds, no damage to you but eats your bots, or chutes

Just some ideas.

DireWolf
    Participant

Just a quick idea after reading Sondra’s post, I miss those days also, and I am sorry if some of my negativity has rubbed off, anyhoo…
    I may be way off track but here it is, What about a forums only server, to play at this server you must be registered at the S3D site, have one server for things like they are, and one server setup as a more gentlemens ” or gentlewomans” game server with a stricter set of standards, it seems it might be easier for the admins to keep up on the riff raff, if there is an anything goes server, people can play as ruthless as they want, which can be fun!!
    or choose the other server for friends and good times, without all the HORROR! which is funner.
    just a thought….

Deathstryker
    Participant

Or just set a passworded server up for forum regulars only…. That’s kinda stretching it though.

People Like:

Me
    Hobbes
    Gavin
    DireWolf
    Shockwave
    Bobirov
    Guy
    CBX
    Sondra
    Jdog
    Cambo
    Device
    Apollo
    Boy
    Apache
    Willis
    Ebonite
    Wowbagger

…I think that’s it *looks on forums for people he forgot*

Willis
    Participant

I may be way off track but here it is, What about a forums only server, to play at this server you must be registered at the S3D site, have one server for things like they are, and one server setup as a more gentlemens ” or gentlewomans” game server with a stricter set of standards, it seems it might be easier for the admins to keep up on the riff raff, if there is an anything goes server, people can play as ruthless as they want, which can be fun!!

Nice idea.

Or just set a passworded server up for forum regulars only…. That’s kinda stretching it though.

I dunno, I agree a private realm would be respected but thats a little too bias (i know you left some names out but still..). But howabout a password server that to login, you need to apply your username and password as used on these forums? For new people to enter its very very easy to just visit forums – register – login on server and start playing.

Maybe make it special in which – to access the server you yet need to post at least 10 times on the forums. For stats maybe 25 posts? .. This would be good to get new faces to take part in these boards and/or seperate those who really are only lookin for a way to the server – and those who care, have a brain, and have an opinion.

Gavin question: The evening/night scenes are they all “pre-painted” where once their processed they never change? I was thinking what if there was a way for real-time to be seen in the game. Say either by moves or by actual time (seconds/minutes) the sun will rise or set, right creeps in during a round.

Maybe at the beginning of each game its the crack of dawn and as the game progresses it shifts to nightfall, one rounds “setting” ending as the same as the next round “setting” begins 🙂

Deathstryker
    Participant

@willis wrote:

I dunno, I agree a private realm would be respected but thats a little too bias (i know you left some names out but still..). But howabout a password server that to login, you need to apply your username and password as used on these forums? For new people to enter its very very easy to just visit forums – register – login on server and start playing.

You’re ruining the whole point Willis. Then ANYBODY can get in the server and we’d be back to square one. 🙄

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.