This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bender 7 years, 3 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #7425

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    WOW a GREEN SPAM BOT powered by a FOSSIL FUEL SERVER to advertise going GREEN.

    LOL pathetic [-X

    #edit= Reported
    Kanga

    #62449

    Rommel
    Participant

    Dear Kangabunny :

    The post you reported does not appear to meet the standard of spam.
    It is in the off topic section and does not attempt to market goods.
    Hopefully, posting a link is still allowed and the post is legal.

    @Kangabunny wrote:

    WOW a GREEN SPAM BOT powered by a FOSSIL FUEL SERVER to advertise going GREEN.

    LOL pathetic [-X

    #edit= Reported
    Kanga

    ATTENTION GLOBAL MODERATOR(s) :

    The ease with which some of you edit and/or delete the posts
    of others is something that I (and perhaps others) find disturbing.

    A rational policy for destroying the work of others seems to be in order.

    I must go destroy the world now. Krieg ohne Hass

    Sincerely,

    Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

    #62450

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    he has one post, and it links to the energy news report…

    Kanga

    #62451

    pastor of muppets
    Participant

    Yeah I’m sure this is not spam. This has to be something that somebody took the time to type out as they are concerned about the world and scorched. Go Rom Go defend the universe and promote the game. Especially new players like Mr. Go Green here.

    #62452

    ArmorWraith
    Participant
    #62447

    Rommel
    Participant

    To CUMBEE21 :

    Welcome Aboard Matey ! It was a pleasure to see a new face here.
    I hope to see more posts from you in the off topic section in the future.
    Make yourself familiar with the rules for posting and playing here and you
    should soon have many new and interesting friends.

    Best wishes,

    Rommel

    #62448

    Rommel
    Participant

    OPEN LETTER TO ALL :

    Congratulations on becoming a Googlemiester Kangabunny !

    Your post, while informative, does not seem to
    indicate that a forum rule has been violated.

    Both the post and the site were reviewed for content before I spoke up.
    As strange as it may seem, I failed to see a violation of the forum rules.

    Having a thing about the rules, overlooking the problem is quite disturbing.

    Please show me specifically which rule has been violated so that I can better
    understand why you feel that reprimanding a first time poster here is more
    appropriate than offering them a welcome aboard and our encouragement.

    Having received nothing of substance from the Global Moderators on
    this issue and due to the numerous problems that have occurred in
    maintaining the integrity of the forums over the years,

      ( YES, BY THE GODS, I SAID YEARS !!! My posts were being secretly
      edited as far back as 2007 and the secret editing and deleting is still
      ongoing. Several posts were destroyed recently, including one to you. )

    I offer this proposal :

    This is Gavin’s site, and for all practical purposes, his game.
    He is the Chief Moderator just as he is the Chief Administrator.

    ALL problems reflect on him personally and professionally.

    Questionable posts can easily be flagged for his review.
    Questionable posts should never be altered without his approval.

    Posts that blatantly violate a forum rule shall be edited as follows :

    The 10 Commandments of Editing

      ….I. The editor will be polite and professional in all dealings with users.
      II. The editor will publicly identify themselves in any post they edit.
      ..III. The editor will ONLY edit the offending portion(s) of the text.
      ..IV. The editor will indicate each place where text has been edited.
      V. The editor will indicate the rule that was violated with each edit.
      ..VI. The editor will send the author a private message concerning the violation.
      .VII. The editor will quote the original and unedited post in the initial message.
      VIII. The editor will copy all correspondence with the user to ALL Moderators.
      …….(To ensure integrity, use Multiple Recipients and send one message ONLY)
      ..IX. The author will be notified that they are free to edit or delete the post.
      X. The sanitized post shall otherwise { edit – 1 : } remain as a deterrent to others.

    Those not capable of following these simple guidelines, are perhaps
    more of a problem to the health of these forums than the spammers.

    I must go destroy the world now. Krieg ohne Hass

    Sincerely,

    Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

    P.S. – My rational for singling out the Global Moderators instead of the
    Administrators or the Developers specifically is due to the fact that the
    Global Moderators are charged with oversight of all the forums, including
    those that have been entrusted to oversight by others.

    The failure of anyone to establish better rules for ALL moderators,
    especially after the recent fiasco between two of them in the new
    release thread is unacceptable. Surely ample time has been allowed.

    As always, if my proposal is deemed to be flawed and and I have good
    reason to suspect that it will, make a better proposal.

    Or as someone said in the admin forums, about the rules I proposed
    concerning the FFA rule and it’s application to players (I’m paraphrasing)
    We need to say the same thing, but we can’t say it using his words.

    Funny stuff

    edit – 1 : Removed – “be locked and”
    Locking the post to all but the user and the editor does
    not appear to be possible. Locking the thread is not advisable.
    It prevents an open discussion about the edit from taking place.

    #62453

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    Rommel would you or would you not agree this is an unusual posting as:

    a) a noob to the forums(seeing as how conserving energy is a touchy subject to some people)

    b)their first post and only time they logged in

    c) no username ingame or any contact with it

    d)no contact info

    seems more like a trolling spammer to me, looking to rile an argument.

    I refuse to give satisfaction to a robot looking to start trouble, and as such will not reply to further posts in this thread

    Unless. Cumbee does sign in and post again, then which i will ask him with what privelige does he have to plagarize so many others dilligent work?

    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=%22Living+green+means+living+a+life+devoid+of+all+the+factors+that+destroy+the+environment+by+pollution%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=d9804d37b84b33a1

    Kanga

    #62454

    pastor of muppets
    Participant

    LOL Kanga arguing with Rom is a mute point he is right, he is always right at whatever cost. If he feels wronged he will continue to argue (very well actually) until he feels justice is done. In his case justice can not be done he can elevate an argument until the cows come home. Give up man don’t argue with Rom he is a professional loop hole finder.

    Rom is an extremely, extremely intelligent person IMO and can keep a topic going forever with his knowledge and debate a topic until everyone is sick of it. But you can’t find anything that tells him he is wrong.

    Rom was wronged especially if people have been editing his post as he says they have been. Not questioning him because I have never read him utter an untruth just saying I don’t have first hand knowledge of someone doing this.

    I do want to say that Rom your beating a dead horse absolutely attracted me to you and my support for you. At the same time it drove me away from the game because of the fact that it’s supposed to be a game. Some controversy is accepted and welcomed however, you took it to the extreme with your continued unsatisfaction of a level of acceptance of the way things are with the community. Understood completely that you wish to improve us and our game, understood completely that you want to elevate everyone to your level of perfection, tolerance, understanding and enlightenment.

    However that being said I’m afraid you took it to a level above what people accept as normal for a game. I’m afraid many left because of the controversy you pointed out (not created just pointed out) I’m afraid I am one of those. I would love to get things back to just game play. I supported and voted on and begged to bring back the 50 and make this a challenging game that people wanted to play to achieve the next level. I personnally have brought multiple ppl to the game MsLadyED, Deerhunter, Rhino, Soonersfan…, Mrs. Pastor, Bob, Princess, and Ladybug that’s 8 people more than most of you can say you brought in here.

    Probllem is the game just aint fun if you gotta conform and wonder what is next on the change/controversy list. Your dirt and lazer tactic brought attention to a huge hole in the game as far as ease to destroy others but no one changed anything. Your “trolling” showed us the new stats tracking was not perfect. Your registered usernames was right on the money but the game developer didn’t want to follow suit. Acid banned you without reason. We all know these things but really man this is a game is was and forever will be. I ask you to please stop your quest for perfection and let it get back to a game.

    Sincerely yours,

    Matt

    #62455

    bender
    Participant

    Love the honesty POM, back in the good old days i would have taken the time to honestly point out where i disagree.Just in defence of rom i had some private discussions where i pointed out where he was wrong and after i gave him my argumentation i believe he accepted it. And thats more than i can say about the discussions i have had with most others around here.

    Not going to start a discussion, just want to add that i believe that much of the controversies would not have had an impact if they were handled differently.

    Regards,

    Bazzz.

    #62456

    Rommel
    Participant

    Attention Gavin :

    Dated Feb. 14, 2010

    Rommel’s Alert About Post Deletions

    To the best of my knowledge, nothing was done about it.
    More of my posts were deleted after I made the report.

    Dated April 06, 2010

    Deathstryker’s Alert About Post Deletions

    To the best of my knowledge nothing was done about his concerns.

    The Time Has Come

    To Bazzz :

    Hi old man. It was nice to see that you are still reading the posts and
    thank you for pointing out that you didn’t agree with POM. I hope you
    enjoy the song.

    Best wishes to All,

    Rommel

    #62457

    Rommel
    Participant

    Dear Kangabunny :

    The posted rules are the ONLY RULES. If they are not sufficient
    to prevent the majority of the problems, that is the fault of those
    charged with making and enforcing the rules.

    Considering that you haven’t been able to show that a posting
    violation has occurred, your retreat from that topic seems prudent.

    @Kangabunny wrote:

    Rommel would you or would you not agree this is an unusual posting as:

    a) a noob to the forums(seeing as how conserving energy is a touchy subject to some people)

    b)their first post and only time they logged in

    c) no username ingame or any contact with it

    d)no contact info

    seems more like a trolling spammer to me, looking to rile an argument.

    I refuse to give satisfaction to a robot looking to start trouble, and as such will not reply to further posts in this thread

    Unless. Cumbee does sign in and post again, then which i will ask him with what privelige does he have to plagarize so many others dilligent work?

    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=%22Living+green+means+living+a+life+devoid+of+all+the+factors+that+destroy+the+environment+by+pollution%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=d9804d37b84b33a1

    Kanga

    The post that I made to you that was deleted, was in the Development section concerning dirt ceilings.
    It was my reply to your question about combining our ideas.

    @Kangabunny wrote:

    actually rom, this was how i had it planned out, but your idea could be combined with mine perhaps?

    If you have the time, please check to see if I am
    correct and post your findings in this thread.

    The missing post stated that you were free to use anything
    that I had disclosed. It went on the say that you were also
    free to use anything you that you liked from the other mods.

    Perhaps that was the part that someone found disturbing.

    Congratulations and well done on your recent models.
    I’ve been keeping an eye on you.

    Best Wishes,

    Rommel

    P.S. – If you haven’t checked out the site that he linked, it has
    many timely and informative articles that are freely available.

    #62458

    ArmorWraith
    Participant

    😳 thanks rom, now i feel like a total dick. I did understand you were pointing out a loop hole in the rules.

    Its just as a human one would think that maybe some rules are left defacto, i cant remember the last time i farted into a church microphone when congregation was present. Its just something you dont do.

    I dont think the rules quite ascertain mannerisms, which is why i believe so many people dislike you rommel. You dont violate the rules, just your mannerisms upset many.(i bet they wish there was a no rommel rule.)

    Thanks for the encouraging words rom!
    😉

    Kanga

    *still awaits a reply by cumbee

    Edit** Yes, your post was deleted.I read it before it was deleted. I have no feif in this argument though,as my posts were not deleted.

    I believe whoever deleted them felt it was necessary.

    @POM wrote:

    Your registered usernames was right on the money but the game developer didn’t want to follow suit

    Games of course are games, they arent necessarily going to be perfect nor will they ever be. They take sheer imagination and willpower to create, and are something to be admonished upon.

    Though that can be twisted:

    (gamewise: hacks,scams,privateering,exploiting)
    There is always some way around a rule or condition…always(aka: a loop hole). So it is left up to the person who developed the system or maintains it to ascertain his/her own rules, whether facto or defacto.

    Wether an individual follows theese said conditions is entirely up to their whim. It may be the start of a long successful carrer, or a spiraling trail of utter oblivion and deafeat.Lets all hope to avoid the latter, so we can continue to contribute to the future. =D>

    #62459

    Rommel
    Participant

    Hi Kangabunny :

    Not to worry mate, I appreciated your enthusiastic
    attempt to beat me to a spam report. As should we all.

    About the missing post(s). Thank you for having a good
    memory and for your honesty. It was a big surprise for me.

    There is no reason for me to comment further except
    to say that I P.S.ed my previous reply to you about
    the site that was linked.

    I’ve not used it enough to give it a long term assessment
    but it seems like a decent source for timely information.

    We have more information available to us than any king
    or ruler in history, including King Solomon. Possession of
    knowledge, while critical, only solves part of the problem.

    Wisdom requires the ability to discern the truth from the fiction.

    @Kangabunny wrote:

    😳 thanks rom, now i feel like a total dick. I did understand you were pointing out a loop hole in the rules.

    Its just as a human one would think that maybe some rules are left defacto, i cant remember the last time i farted into a church microphone when congregation was present. Its just something you dont do.

    I dont think the rules quite ascertain mannerisms, which is why i believe so many people dislike you rommel. You dont violate the rules, just your mannerisms upset many.(i bet they wish there was a no rommel rule.)

    Thanks for the encouraging words rom!
    😉

    Kanga

    *still awaits a reply by cumbee

    Edit** Yes, your post was deleted.I read it before it was deleted. I have no feif in this argument though,as my posts were not deleted. 😀

    I believe whoever deleted them felt it was necessary.

    Sincerely Grateful,

    Rommel

    #62445

    comedown
    Participant

    Global warming has already been proved to be a hoax and a scam after all those documents got leaked… Ages ago.

    It’s bullshit. =P~

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.