This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Panther30 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Panther30
    Participant

Okay gang, I am now at my wits end here.

I have NO

1. Local linux help

2. Idea where to find the openAL stufff that the scorched source is asking me for.

3. idea how to compile the openal stuff if I find it.

in other words: scorched version 39 is NOT compiling for me….

I have installed an OpenAL rpm package, but it is obviously NOT what scorched needs.

Crispy Critter
    Participant

The best way to get OpenAL is via a CVS checkout. The download page has instructions on getting it out of CVS.

To compile OpenAL: go to the linux subdirectory of your brand spanking new OpenAL source tree, and then use ./autogen.sh to generate your configure file. Then use ./configure –enable-optimizations to compile it. Become root, then use make install to install it. You should then make sure that /usr/local/lib is listed in your /etc/ld.so.conf file, and run ldconfig so that programs will know where to find the new library when they run.

Now that you have OpenAL out of the way, you will need to go over to the S3D source tree, and edit src/sound/Sound.cpp – on line 92, you will need to change ALubyte to ALchar for the compile to be successful.

On my system (CentOS 4, a rebuilt RHEL 4 clone), in order to configure S3D, I need to use ./configure –disable-freetypetest, but the compile worked OK after that.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Uhm call me cheap and naive… Do you have a second machine running windows?

Apollo

Panther30
    Participant

apollo yes i have two machines running windows actually, besides my linux server. However, thye server is what I am trying to get going. I know I know, you aren’t that big on stats, but some of my regulars are and to get the stats working, I need to compile scorched for the server.

Panther30
    Participant

and to top it off. I have never used CVS before.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

M.O. is the Man to look to in this case then, He’s quite competent in Linux servers. Try as best as you can to contact Him.

😉

Apollo

Panther30
    Participant

okay I went to CVS and got the source… but now i can’t find anything. I found the openal direcory and the linux directory under it, but most of the source files do not appear to be there. I can’t run ./autogen.sh because it tells me it isn’t there.

Panther30
    Participant

found everything.

thanks alot.

scorched is compiling now.

oops! spoke too soon. it crashed out on statsloggermyusql.cpp saying c++ forbids declaration of “possiblechars” with no type

Panther30
    Participant

okay the error in the message above was gotten when I compiled using

sh autogen.sh –with-mysql

I tried compiling again not using the –with-mysql switch and everything is going fine… question is… will I be able to log stats using mysql without that switch in version 39?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@panther30 wrote:

oops! spoke too soon. it crashed out on statsloggermyusql.cpp saying c++ forbids declaration of “possiblechars” with no type

Sorry my mistake.

change

const possibleChars [] = {

to

const char possibleChars [] = {

Panther30
    Participant

Thanks gcamp,

I’m compiling the latest mySQL and I will also install gcc 3.4 and then I will try recompiling scorched again.

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Try changing the const in line 631 of StatsLoggerMySQL.cpp to const char to get around that problem. It worked for me…

Panther30
    Participant

okay everything is working now.

stats are up
    stats pages are up
    scorched compiled okay

panther’s server is good to go.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.