This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 10 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok…lets try this again.

Here is a new copy 40.1b that should have all of the bugs found so far fixed in it –
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scorched3d/Scorched3D-40.1b.exe?download

Can people let me know how they get on, if it looks ok I’ll release the rest tomorrow.

Wowbagger
    Participant

Just played a couple rounds with thrax everything seemed to work fine. 😀

Deathstryker
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Ok…lets try this again.

Here is a new copy 40.1b that should have all of the bugs found so far fixed in it –

Can people let me know how they get on, if it looks ok I’ll release the rest tomorrow.

I’ll update my CVS and check it out.

Thrax
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

Ok…lets try this again.
    Here is a new copy 40.1b that should have all of the bugs found so far
    fixed in it –
    Can people let me know how they get on, if it looks ok I’ll release the rest
    tomorrow.

I’ll update my CVS and check it out.

Stats intact. Seem’s to bounce stuff off shield’s nicely for me.
    got a few serv’s up and ready for public to test in.

Bobirov
    Participant

I don’t seem to be having any problem with stats or ids or anything like that with 40.1b. I tried out the shield collisions and bit and didn’t have any problems there either. I think its ok, but I didn’t test a lot so I can’t be 100% sure about it or anything.

I have 40.1b up on the official Apoc servers now with stats re-enabled.

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

Couple of things to comment on: Version 40.1b(ck)

Ability to Fuel In and Out of Water: is this a new feature or a glitch? Tactically speaking, whenever I put a tank into water with a digger…they were as good as dead (less any teleport activity…expensive, but it was the only way to get out of the hole)
    The red line outlining fuel area is very cool too!

Favorites Tab in Buy Screen:
    What does the default radio button do?

Weapons List Sorted Backward?
    In V40, when I hit “Favorites Tab” I knew my parachutes where way at the bottom and my DeathHead and Funkies on the very top.
    In V40.1 when I hit the favorites tab, Parachutes are now at the very top and death heads and funkies on the bottom. My faves felt awkward, this might be a minor point but I think everyone has somewhat ingrained in their brain where to find their favorite weapons. At least everyone who doesn’t use the “sort by name” option.

I actually just noticed that all weapons list have been sorted in exactly the opposite way as before. If I was buying a weapon that I didn’t keep as a favorite like Napalm, I knew I could find it by clicking weapons and scrolling to the very bottom. Now they are on top. If I wanted to buy a Teleport Before I would scroll all the way to the top now they are on the very bottom.

DeathHeads, MIRVS, Spread-MIRVS no longer travel for 30 seconds when fired at 0 deg. 1000 power.

Rollers: ma-babies are Back!!! No more pop-corn effect…thx!

Tank-Tracks after Fueling: LMAO…that (SomeGuy) sure has a sense of humor. Hilarious.

I’ll keep looking I guess.

NP

Deathstryker
    Participant

I noticed the reversing of weapons during the beta stage but figured this was intentional/not so important so I didn’t say anything to Gav about it.

mooic
    Participant

Just to let you know, i have a slighty used nearly bnib copy of the original 40.1, should i post a paypal button or ebay it 😀

mooic
    Participant

I just has a quick game of appoc, shields seem ok, my rank has stayed (for the 1st time ever im no1 🙂 ) but i had a crash in about round 4, ‘Casey Killed United States with a Mega Mirv’ then just a blank screen, had to hit the reset button and reboot.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@mooic wrote:

Just to let you know, i have a slighty used nearly bnib copy of the original 40.1, should i post a paypal button or ebay it 😀

lol. Wow, I envy you. A rare copy of v40.1. Maybe you can have Gavin digitally sign it and make fun of his beta testers while you’re at it.

Brain Damage
    Participant

@np-theoutlaw wrote:

Ability to Fuel In and Out of Water: is this a new feature or a glitch? Tactically speaking, whenever I put a tank into water with a digger…they were as good as dead (less any teleport activity…expensive, but it was the only way to get out of the hole)

this feature has been in scorched3d since many versions, there is an option to set the movement restriction; to make sure that your game behaves the same as offical server’s make sure that the advanced option “movementrestriction” is set as “land or above”

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks for checking this out NP.

@np-theoutlaw wrote:

Ability to Fuel In and Out of Water: is this a new feature or a glitch?

As BD says I think this is just the default setting for the fuel movement restriction.

What does the default radio button do?

It will make the current buying tab (what ever it is) become the tab that will be first shown when the buying window pops up.

Weapons List Sorted Backward?

Sorry about this, it is actualy in the correct order now. That is, its now in the order that they are specified in the accessories.xml file.

DeathHeads, MIRVS, Spread-MIRVS no longer travel for 30 seconds when fired at 0 deg. 1000 power.

Err, good 😉

Rollers: ma-babies are Back!!! No more pop-corn effect…thx!

Yeah they should roll more now.

I’ll keep looking I guess.

NP

Thanks 🙂

Irishbandit
    Participant

YAH!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.