This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Brain Damage
    Participant

there is a bug in the next version that will make you to loose/change your ids every time you connect to a stats server.

MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR IDS FILE AND CONNECT ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING

cbx550f
    Participant

Are you sure it’s every time, and not just the first time?

I can’t test at the moment…

cbx

Brain Damage
    Participant

yes, every time, first player 1, then after i rename & reconnect it’s player 2, then it’s player3…

i tested on another server with stats, different from main, it happened there too

cbx550f
    Participant

Just wanted to be sure, thanks.

Deathstryker
    Participant

We are crappy beta testers.

Bobirov
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

I concur. 🙁

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

I concur. 🙁

Nah, tricky to find that one.

I have withdrawn the release and reverted the download page back to version 40. I have a fix which is now in CVS, I will test a little more and upload 40.1b later tonight.

cbx550f
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

I concur. 🙁

I have to follow suit with this too. I guess it’s anonymous then. 😉

Timing was bad for a few of us lately to be able to test much – in the future we really should try to do a good run like we did bevore v40 to help save Gavin this kind of grief.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

I concur. 🙁

I am not very good tester but i didnt help any this version sorry. 😳 😳

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

suggestion: next time new version is ready to come out. Perhaps 1 week B4 coming out, allow certain players (maybe 20 or so players that understand how things are suppose to work to download the version by password only) to give them a week to test new version. It seems with lots of players playing around with the new version it’ll be easier to find bugs.

I apologize in advance for not having any idea how the whole development process occurs before release.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@np-theoutlaw wrote:

suggestion: next time new version is ready to come out. Perhaps 1 week B4 coming out, allow certain players (maybe 20 or so players that understand how things are suppose to work to download the version by password only) to give them a week to test new version. It seems with lots of players playing around with the new version it’ll be easier to find bugs.

I apologize in advance for not having any idea how the whole development process occurs before release.

Well I agree about having more people test it. Just make sure it’s people we can trust because the last time a preview version of 38 was released, people were making servers with it, lol.

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Just make sure it’s people we can trust because the last time a preview version of 38 was released, people were making servers with it, lol.

LOL…Bastages!!!!!

Chopper
    Participant

It sux to not play have a main to play on. A few lucky folks (BD,Mandy, et al ) grabbed 40.1 before it was pulled and now I can’t play with them. 😥

Maybe next update leave old servers open a week until new version get its legs.

When you think itll be up? We’re all like wandering around….lol.
    I’ll send ya some money!

mandy
    Participant

*is happy to be lucky*

Wowbagger
    Participant

I feel like a kid on christmas morning who got a brand new favorite toy only to open the box and find out it was broken. Now I have to wait till the next day to exchange it because the store is closed on christmas day.

Damn you Santa. 😀 😀 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.