This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Panther30 12 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Panther30
    Participant

Hi,

I just tested the modified shockmod volcano. It didn’ quite work out the way I expected. It ended up as a large explosion that threw freezer rollers everywhere. it also ended up killing six pwople in the main explosion (24 players in the game). I am either doing something wrong, or maybe changing the tags from fire based to the raptormod’s working ice stuff isn’t going to work. I can’t tell where i am going wrong. I’d post the code, but without the rest of raptormod or shockmod to look at, it might not make sense.

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

tested two new weapons a little while ago:

1. Volcanic Chain— it is three volcanoes fired together in a side to side to side spread. tested with a vesuvio in the middle and it didn’t turn out quite right, so I am sticking with three volcanoes.

2. Lightning Cannon Ring— the ultimate lightning cannon. It fires in all directions at once. I took out sixteen of 23 bots in one shot! (seventeen if you count the one bot who funky death’ed and took another with him)

I have a couple more not so detructive (I hope!) weapon ideas on the way as well.

btw. the above two weapons will need price adjustments, but since I am still testing…. Enjoy the server!!!!!!

—Panther30

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

just post the weapons tag on a notepad and explain what you want the weapon to do.

I will download it and have a look

Panther30
    Participant

Okay shockwave

here is the code

Sno Cone
    A very Massive ice explosions that releases freezer rollers
    and frigid ice flows.
    freezer.bmp
    shoot/cannon.wav
    vulcan/vulcan.txt

vulcan/vulcan.txt

roller.ase
    ice.bmp

roller.ase
    ice.bmp

down

exp04
    explosions/lavaflow.wav

ice
    explosions/ice.wav

down

exp04
    explosions/errupt.wav

roller.ase
    ice.bmp

roller.ase
    ice.bmp

down

exp04
    explosions/ice.wav

redburst
    explosions/ice.wav

redburst
    explosions/ice.wav

roller.ase
    ice.bmp

roller.ase
    ice.bmp

none

exp04
    explosions/ice.wav

ice
    explosions/ice.wav

ice
    explosions/napalm.wav

redburst
    explosions/ice.wav

exp04
    explosions/ice.wav

this is basically the shockmod volcano code with my modifications. What I wanted to do was to have a volcano that oozed ice instead of napalm and also blow freezer rollers out the top instead of lava balls.
    But when I tested the thing,, it fired off, made a huge explosion, possibly dropping ice in the proccess. After the main explosion, Quite a few freezer rollers launched outward. No mound of dirt ever appeared when it should have and the explosion that happened in its place destroyed a medium sized island.

—Panther30

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

Ok Panther I Fixed the weapon and added a projectile to use with it

I also found a few problems in your mod
    you should really consider looking into so I included everything in a zip
    just read the text wich has some suggestions and includes the snow cone
    code

extract the projectile to your C:Documents and SettingsAdministrator.scorched3dmodsraptormoddataaccessories directory

enjoy 🙂

Panther30
    Participant

thanks. Ill take a look and get back with you. Yes, quite a few problems with the mod but M.O. and had to fix the code when it changed for 38.1. No surprise that there are problems. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

—Panther30

Panther30
    Participant

sorry about the lateness of the reply,

I am working on fixing the errors now.

The nsnowcone looks great and works better than expected (my brother claimes the idea for the weapon was his).

I am currently working on the iceberg weapon (modified vesuvio). I’m currently trying to find a way to make it launch weapons out of the top of the volcano type dirt mound (frozen eruption that lthrows out freezer rollers or something) I’m hoping it will work the way that I’d hoped the snow cone would. Once this is done I’m planning on a gas type volcano.

Panther30
    Participant

shockwave,

I did as you suggested for the iceberg code. I copied your tank explosion code in and made the neccessary changes for my mod. when I tested it I got a mismatched tag error. I’ll put the thing together again and post the code here so you can see where I messed up.

PM’ed it instead.

—Panther30

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.