This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Crispy Critter 13 years ago.

• Author

Crispy Critter
    Participant

Go to your Scorched3D program folder (usually C:Program FilesScorched3D) and rename or delete the OpenGL32.dll file. It is incompatible with anything other than XP or Windows Server 2003.

You will also need to create a new shortcut pointing to C:Program FilesScorched3Dscorched.exe because the system will think the installation is corrupted and try to reinstall files if you use the standard menu shortcut.

Panther30
    Participant

The fix worked for me. Thanks Crispy Critter.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks for this, for some reason developer studio decided that the OpenGL32.dll, glu32.dll and comdlg32.dll files were all dependencies and needed to be bundled with the game!

I have re-uploaded the file without these ‘bad’ dlls included.

So you can either remove, re-download and then install again or delete the OpenGL32.dll, glu32.dll and comdlg32.dll files in c:program filesscorched3d.

Obviously this will not be an issue under linux.

Crispy Critter
    Participant

More stuff:

Thinkpad T22 + Win2K Pro = no go (still) – system crashes.

Thinkpad T22 + Win98 is OK. I haven’t tried enabling TexSubimaging.

On Win98 with the “bad” installer, I got a weird message from the installer that it couldn’t install a registry key in UNKNOWNFeatures – this was safely ignorable. I still had to dump the OpenGL32.dll and recreate the menu shortcut.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.