This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Thrax 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

A Moogle
    Participant

Are there any files that have NOT had the *required* syntax changed (between v39.1b and v40)? If so, what are they?

I’m updating the MoogleMod and don’t want to waste time going through files that don’t need to be changed.

Deathstryker
    Participant

I’m not too sure. But welcome back to the forums, bud. It’s been a little while since I’ve seen you around.

Bobirov
    Participant

I don’t know specifically really at this point, but the main things you’ll have to update are the accessories file (as always) and pretty much all the landscape files. Shouldn’t have to fool with AIs or anything else I don’t think. Although updating for v40 was so gradual for me, I really have lost track of all the little necessary changes, perhaps one of the other modders can be more specific.

BOY
    Participant

i dunno if gav has a master scrip written to get the landscape files like you need them or not, i know there was a script that does about half the job of splitting the files.

the modinfo file is one that needs attention too.

I think they all changed.. 😳

once you get the mod done, I’ll put it up at the sourceforge mod project 😀

FYI

mods should not be affected by version 40.1 due out sometime later this fall

jdog
    Participant

@A Moogle wrote:

Are there any files that have NOT had the *required* syntax changed (between v39.1b and v40)? If so, what are they?

I’m updating the MoogleMod and don’t want to waste time going through files that don’t need to be changed.

Do you have all the needed placement, event, boid, .xml files now needed in version 40?

When version 40.1 comes out there won’t be many changes except for one tag will be se correctly, .
    As it is set right now 1 is off and 0 is on or 1 per second, in 40.1 it will be 1 is 1 per second and 0 will be off. As it is set right now it is really high number (crashes game when I don’t use it on one weapon to limit the )

A Moogle
    Participant

I had a 20-minute drive to school today and decided I had nothing else to do, so I went through all the files anyway. 😛

I added 2 new weapons, too:
    Angel Whisper and Dispel.

Those of you that are fond of the Blue Mages in FFTA should recognize Angel Whisper, as well as be able to guess what it does. For those of you unfamiliar with the Blue Mage techniques of that game, Angel Whisper restores health and allows you to automatically come back from a KO, while Dispel – NOT a Blue Mage ability – will destroy even a Mog Shield with 1 hit (only damages shields though) – should make things a bit more interesting.

I have the files almost done, I think. I’ll be testing it over my network once I have everything in place. If everything turns out ok, I’ll upload it to my site.

Also, how do you use the new tanktypes thing? What is the name of the tag in tanks.xml? I’m guessing it would just be , right? Sorry if I missed it in the help files.

I’ve been registering for classes, etc. for school, that’s why I haven’t been around – haven’t had much time 🙁

Berem
    Participant

Can anyone explain me how works this weaponloop? And what is the difference between weaponloop, and rweaponrepeat? first what I saw is that in loop there is no delay function, and is there anything else difference?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Weapon repeat repeats using the same position for all the repeated shots.
    With Weapon loop it is possible to repeat but move the position for each repeated shot.

Rommel
    Participant

In ver. 40.1d the syntax errors I made were reported when the server was loading. This made finding the problems a breeze. I’m having trouble converting my ver. 40.1d landescapes over to ver. 41.0 and all I get when I introduce an error is a program terminated message. No indication of the line number or the name of the faulty file. Apparently, I need to turn on a switch when I start the server but I can’t find the documentation detailng this.

@bobirov wrote:

I don’t know specifically really at this point, but the main things you’ll have to update are the accessories file (as always) and pretty much all the landscape files. Shouldn’t have to fool with AIs or anything else I don’t think. Although updating for v40 was so gradual for me, I really have lost track of all the little necessary changes, perhaps one of the other modders can be more specific.

Also, if the new server syntax rules are detailed I can’t find them. I found out by close examination that the old landscape preview bmps have been downsized for this version and that custom avatars are required to be png format. I’m sure there are many more things that are to going to give me trouble using the trial and error method (change one item, try it) and I’d much rather spend a little time reading, and a little time coding than a great deal of time coding and recoding.

Also tried at The SourceForge but didn’t find the new docs there either. Could someone please point me in the right direction and give me a shove?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

I must go repair the server now. 😉 Krieg ohne Hass

Sincerely,

Generalfeldmarschall Erwin J. E. Rommel

P.S. Recent update: The server load “Parse Errors” can be found in your serverlog file. If you you use direct placement you will need to delete the following tags:

……….
    ……….

and rework the border section of your texture files.

more later…..

Bobirov
    Participant

My advice would be to fix XML errors by loading the mod in a single player custom game, NOT by loading the mod on a server. That will spit the XML errors out in a message box like always.

In depth docs for exactly what xml has changed are non-existant, as they usually are for version updates. Best thing to do is listen to the errors and look at mods that have been converted for examples.

Thrax
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

My advice would be to fix XML errors by loading the
    mod in a single player custom game, NOT by loading the mod on a
    server. That will spit the XML errors out in a message box like always.

In depth docs for exactly what xml has changed are non-existant, as
    they usually are for version updates. Best thing to do is listen to the
    errors and look at mods that have been converted for examples.

We will also be working on the next set of Wiki docs for v41. As soon
    as we’ve run them all through thier paces.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.