This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

TraT
    Participant

I’ve got an odd problem. For about a week now, periodically I get the following error message when trying to join Main. As far as I can tell, I only get it when more than 5 other players are there. I have had no problems on the tournament server and I just tried Beginners (w/ 6 players – 2 people and 4 bots) and had no problems. Once I join Main, I’m fine if more players join.

I am on Mac OS 10.4.11

mooic
    Participant

looks similar to my/jock/ld’s problem possibly?

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4982

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Look all I got to say is I’m beggen, pleading and SCREAMING please fix this problem. Mooic AKA casey is an awesome friend of mine and LD is fun to argure with,,,anyway, there is a problem and they or more like Case can’t connect. I’ve been here a while now and am under the impression that these fellas are “value added players” to this game, surely one of you computer geeks have a fix for this!

I was looking forward to playing with the bastage case and saw him connect and get kicked repeatedly the other night. Fix it I say or I will kill you all!!!!!!!!!!!! Fix it now or I will start annoying you on forums again with my paper back worthy post!!!!

Rommel
    Participant

Everything is working fine for me and most everyone else. From what I’ve read …
    @pastor of muppets wrote:

Look all I got to say is I’m beggen, pleading and SCREAMING please fix this problem.

… this appears to be an ISP issue, isolated to a few players, and not a problem with the server.

Rommel

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I don’t care what it is Rommel just fix it! Go to Casey’s house if you need to and follow the problem from there. I’m desperate, I’m only on nights one week and that is the only time I can play the game with him.

I swear Case will reimburse you any out of pocket expenses. If you need to charter a private plane, hire Bill Gates and get ‘er done that is what you need to do and then send Casey the bill. 🙂

TraT
    Participant

Yes, it does look similar (the error message) to the problem you guys are having in the UK. There are two differences that I see: 1. I’m in the U.S. (California) and have Verizon DSL as my ISP. 2. I can join with no problem with only a couple of other players. I don’t know the cutoff, but I know I can’t join w/ 6 or more players, but can w/ 3 or less. That’s what makes it so weird, what difference does it make how many other people are playing? I only have the problem when trying to connect to a game (right after I click on Join Game), I haven’t had the problem once I’m in. 3. Just noticed that my numbers (sent, acked, dropped, etc.) are much lower than the other’s I’ve seen posted. I’m not sure if that means anything though.

I agree, it’s very annoying not being able to play when you want to. I’ve even had to try a couple of Mods!! 😉

Have you guys noticed if you have the problem only at times with a lot of players like I have?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Looks like a different issue, however the next release may fix it. Expect this sometime this weekend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.