This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 10 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

doom
    Participant

Hello,

Some of you may know me as Isaac, Death, Mr. Dotz, or doom. And I would like to talk to you all about wars, and how to prevent them.

I will start by asking you a favor; to read what I say with an open mind.
    And I make a promise to you, that I will not offend anyone on purpose in this speech.

Wars are often started over anger, hate, greed, spite, and many other reasons. But every one of these reasons has one common ancestor… vengeance. Vengeance is equivalent to one of the ‘seven sins’: wrath. But that’s not why I am here; I’m here to remind you that there is one place we can cast these problems aside, the Internet (and to make this speech).

At the Internet, you talk to people, get to know them, most of the time never knowing their ethnicity, race, religion, or their IQ; and what happens when you meet people in the REAL world? You judge them; base them on the stereotypes of their different ways because their different than you. And in extreme cases, act violent towards them. The only thing you’re forgetting is, we’re all human; each different in slight ways, and beliefs. Especially the religious ones (but that is no reason to persecute or discriminate). Religion can be powerful in many ways.

Religion can bring people together, but it can also tear apart. Religion has divided people in many ways over the last few centuries. But let’s focus on this one. It has caused war, hate, judgment, and wrath. It has also caused a large division between science, and religion. But let’s just ignore our personal beliefs for now.

Why do we kill our own kind? Why do we pursue entire nations? I’ll answer those questions for you; pride, it’s as simple as that, we have pride in our countries, ethnicities, races, and religions; and some countries fake it because they feel a loss of identity, or culture. But again, let’s forget all that and return to the internet, especially on forums and chat rooms. What do you see? Words, all you see are words, the words of another individual person, the words of someone with their own life, the words of a human.

“So, how do prevent war?” you might be asking, the answer is simple. Abandon warfare, abandon your pride as a country, abandon your thoughts of hate, envy, greed and killing; and treat people the same way you would when you meet someone new, like a human.

You may not see it now, but you’ll see it when most of the innocent lives in the world, are gone, all that will be left is a big hole in the world, with no one left kill. Most of your online friends will be gone, and it will be too late, all because of pride and judgment.

So, if any of you still want to kill someone after reading this, I don’t blame you, it’s hard to let go of you’re pride, it was hard for me. So, I ask everyone to get along, to not have pride in your country, but about your kind, your world. Abandon your instruments of death, and move on, on to the better world in which to come, a world without war, hate, greed, or pride. Because all of us will know one thing; we are all human. I am nor saying to stop being patriotic, that’s always good; just don’t go thinking you’re better than everyone else. So let us unite, unite as one race.

Dotz

P.S. or you can ignore this speech, not spread the word, and lead the world to its doom ‘serving your country’ in a large scale slap fight.

P.P.S. remember the favor I asked you in the beginning? I want you to know that I thank each and everyone of you for reading this.

FREAK
    Participant

Lol.

You didn’t write this…

doom
    Participant

I wrote it without help.

I have never expressed my innermost thoughts until now, and I am offended that you laughed about a serious topic.

Edit: I am dead serious about this post.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@~FREAK~ wrote:

Lol.

You didn’t write this…

Those were my exact thoughts. It just seems… so unlike doom.

Deathbal
    Participant

I read it. However I do not believe warfare is a simple as that. I won’t comment on pride, but one can love their country and not want to kill others.

doom
    Participant

I’m talking about extreme pride, the ‘we’re the best kind of pride’. and I meant for this to be a step twoards a better world but… aparently that isn’t going to happen. I’ve already gotten a negative comment on another forum.

so, I guess were just going to fight this out until there aren’t many of us left… I have no more faith in mankind anymore. 🙁

Edit: another comment on one of the other forums. at least the guy actually knows I was serious.

cbx550f
    Participant

Cheers, Doom. Nice post.

I may not entirely agree with it all (mostly though), but the sentiment is right.
    I’d add more but I need to get to bed. 😉

cbx

btw: Sounds a bit like you’ve been listening to John Lennon songs! 😉

Irishbandit
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Cheers, Doom. Nice post.

I may not entirely agree with it all (mostly though), but the sentiment is right.
    I’d add more but I need to get to bed. 😉

cbx

btw: Sounds a bit like you’ve been listening to John Lennon songs! 😉

Nicely put CBX

Thrax
    Participant

To Prevent War,
    The Galaxy is on ORION’s Belt.
    -MIB-

Deathstryker
    Participant

I don’t think there is a way to prevent war. It’s a part of being human much in the way fighting happens with any other creature on the planet. The only difference is that we’re smarter so our fighting is more complicated.

It reminds me of that old Papa Roach song (back when they were good) Blood Brother.

“It’s in our nature to destroy ourselves. It’s in our nature to kill ourselves. It’s in our nature to kill each other. It’s in our nature to kill kill kill.”

doom
    Participant

yes, our ancestors nature. and bush’s nature. (forget that whole I have no faith in mankind thing) I know that If we destroyed all of our weapons, and solved our problems through a virtual war, we would be much better off. after all, nostradamus DID predict this war to last 20-something years.

It isn’t right to kill our own kind, yes animals do, but they don’t know better.

Deathbal
    Participant

@doom wrote:

yes, our ancestors nature. and bush’s nature. (forget that whole I have no faith in mankind thing) I know that If we destroyed all of our weapons, and solved our problems through a virtual war, we would be much better off. after all, nostradamus DID predict this war to last 20-something years.

I knew that was hiding in there somewhere. First Bush, then Israel will follow closely behind. Then you can top it off with examples of American greed. Sorry, but i’ve seen and read stuff like this at least a 100 times.

Nostradamus also predicted Haley’s comet would strike the last time it past. 1988 was it? This 20 year war. This was the one predicted to start in 1999, correct? Two years off, no big deal, close enough. But I don’t recall him saying anything about Bush.

jdog
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

To Prevent War,
    The Galaxy is on ORION’s Belt.
    -MIB-

LOL.

War is an ugly thing.

doom
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

@doom wrote:

I knew that was hiding in there somewhere. First Bush, then Israel will follow closely behind. Then you can top it off with examples of American greed. Sorry, but i’ve seen and read stuff like this at least a 100 times.

Nostradamus also predicted Haley’s comet would strike the last time it past. 1988 was it? This 20 year war. This was the one predicted to start in 1999, correct? Two years off, no big deal, close enough. But I don’t recall him saying anything about Bush.

the bush part was a joke.

SPYRER
    Participant

There will always be those that have and those that have not, that is a cause of conflict, different beliefs/world views will always cause conflict, even friendly sporting events can cause conflicts.

Peace is no longer kept through killing the other, to many are willing to die for their cause or to kill you. ie truck bombers

Peace is no longer kept through both sides being the same race or skin color. ie conflicts in africa and europe

Peace is kept through efforts to make wars unpopular or unprofitable. The unpopular method will take a while (Vietnam, Afganistan vs USSR,IRA vs England) and is still going on in other conflicts. The profit margins method is working though. Examples are US and Canada (though not during Hockey Season) the EU states, most south american countries.

Or we simply need a greater threat to come aloung to force people to work together. Some past examples are civil wars, the Black Plague,any large natural disaster. It is to bad the whole global warming fact/fiction debate is not enough of a threat to do that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.