This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 8 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

due to the larger size of some of the maps and with the wrong wind combinations, there are many occurances of players not able to hit each other.

I think a power up accessory should be added to the main game to account for this. Normally I don’t advocate accessories outside the orignal game, but for online play I think this would be a good idea.

Arms Level 10
    Cost 6,000 for (3)
    Action: Shoots a baby missile (or maybe a missile), Each shot shoots with +50 power over the power selected. Also increases available power for later shots by +50 (not health)

xtc
    Participant

Such situations were always an essential part of the game. Someone is unable to reach someone, and that has its impact, sometimes crucial, on the game course.

For one to correct such situations, there are fuel and teleporters. As well as some specific weapons can lengthen the hitting distance.

Thrax
    Participant

@boy wrote:

due to the larger size of some of the maps and with the wrong wind
    combinations, there are many occurances of players not able to hit each other.

I think a power up accessory should be added to the main game to account
    for this. Normally I don’t advocate accessories outside the orignal game, but
    for online play I think this would be a good idea.

Arms Level 10
    Cost 6,000 for (3)
    Action: Shoots a baby missile (or maybe a missile), Each shot shoots with
    +50 power over the power selected. Also increases available power for later
    shots by +50 (not health)

That’s the down-side of that perticular market. Maps are larger but mobility
    is still a mystery to many players. Fuel, teleports and hill-flattening rarely
    happen in your games unless that player was scrounging pennies from round
    one on..

Alternative to having one single weapon boosted.
    Several other places have a range-booster accessory or prize. An increase in
    thier max power to 1500 or 2000 will let them fire any existing weapon a little
    bit further/faster when it’s needed.

It’s not for everyone, and increased-power aiming is more difficult to judge
    for those that haven’t experienced it.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

theres another alternative. from this version on, weve been able to set server options by map.

dont quote me, but i think that applies to gravity, wind strength and probably even movement restrictions.

Rommel
    Participant

Unless the maps on the Official servers have changed in the past few
    days, the map sizes in play have not changed.

Giving the players the ability to hit any spot on the map regardless of
    the wind and the placements promotes chart shooting over thinking.

If changes to the game options are to be made, then perhaps the
    options should be used to discourage chart shooting, instead of
    using them to make chart shooting the preferred method of play.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I think something does need to be done about the range issues somehow.

Does suck when you can’t reach someone that can reach you due to favourable wind.

Fair enough over the course of 6 months or more, it’s likely to balance out, but still annoying at the time, especially in tournament conditions.

BOY
    Participant

Fuel and tele are not good options for two reasons, fuel is most often configured not to work in water, or does not work on tough terrains which are usually part of the reason for out of range. Tele is expensive, and, well, random….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.