This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Shotzo 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

HWB
    Participant

I been thinking how to make Scorched easier to play with the kids. I found maybe a power bar for shots would help. With Worms they understand the more power and less power.

Just an idea.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Not saying it’s ideal, but isn’t a power bar displayed next to the tank when changing power.

HWB
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Not saying it’s ideal, but isn’t a power bar displayed next to the tank when changing power.

*edit*

Well, dont i feel stupid…..How do i get rid of the post? I thought that only dir. changes worked on the bar. Thanks for the reply and sory to waste your time.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

You sure, it does for me. Perhaps I could make it bigger.

Brain Damage
    Participant

i’m not sure 100% he’s referring at this, but the power bar in worms acts as following:

instead of setting a digit (with + & -) and confirming with spacebar; the player sets the roation & elecation with the arrow keys; and it enters the power by holding the space bad for the amount of time desidered; the gauge of the power bar will be filled more with the time you hold the button.
    while it makes more inaccurate to aim;i think it’s more easy for kids to aim that way than checking digits

HWB
    Participant

Bigger would be nice.

Brain Damage
    Participant

ok ignore what i said 😛 😳

Shotzo
    Participant

Yes, I would like to see a HUD version of the bar.

HWB
    Participant

After some thought…….What do we think about a power bar in camera 4.
    we have nothing else. My kids love camera 4….they use camera 2 too but they cant see their shot like camera 4. I think that it would be more like a HUD then too.

BOY
    Participant

for one thing the bar disappears once the view is changed or zoomed.
    I like the bigger idea, I actually had to go and look at the game again to remember where that little bar actually is 😯

I think a cooler / bigger / better looking bar will look really sweet. if the bar is to be changed, perhaps make it optionally horizontal or vertical and with a color gradient, blue green yellow red for increased power.

perhaps add a button to it to flip it horizontal for instance and it could be also dragged around the screen.

some colors perhaps like this?

Shotzo
    Participant

Basically just move the power bar from a bilboard to the 2d cam?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.