This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Deathbal
    Participant

I have a malware problem I can’t seem to get rid of. I can usually fixe these, but this one keeps coming back no matter how many times It’s removed. I have used Malwarebytes and Avast, and even though they locate the problem and remove it, it comes back shortly after I start browsing again.

It’s a pop up that tells me I need to download some media player. The site originates at some bizcoaching website. I have IE Explorer and windows 7. Can anyone recommend a good cleaner?

Hyde911
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

I have a malware problem I can’t seem to get rid of. I can usually fixe these, but this one keeps coming back no matter how many times It’s removed. I have used Malwarebytes and Avast, and even though they locate the problem and remove it, it comes back shortly after I start browsing again.

It’s a pop up that tells me I need to download some media player.

Why don’t you just install this damn player 🙂

Run this program:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

and paste log here. It’s not a cleaner but it scans OS for all running software (perfectly safe).

Chopper
    Participant

First, have you tried system restore to a time before you caught the bug?

If that’s not an option, turn OFF system restore. Make sure you have run a basic system cleaner like CrapCleaner to dump all temp files.

First do this http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/tdsskiller

Then run Malwarebytes quickscan in “safe mode”. And again in full scan.
    Next google up emisoft emergency tool kit. Do same routine, quick and deep scan.

These things can be pesky and reload during the boot, so its important to do most of this from safe mode when a minimum of things are running and the bug is its most vulnerable.

Between the 3 latops at home, two servers and 6 desktops at work, one of the nine (I keep the servers off line) picks up some dumazz from Bazookastan and his “malware” from time to time. Hell once I got a hell of a nasty drive by from “Popular Mechanics magazine” website….all I was doing was trying to read a review of a lawnmower we sell. #-o

There are other pretty powerful programs…..like combofix and OldTimer Tools…which are last ditch because they can remove drivers or files that might be infected and you’ll have to reinstall them ….but try the above first. It usually works for me.

Also, Majorgeeks forums and malwarebytes forums are great places.
    Its a great help to identify what keeps reloading on you and search the bug by name too. Somebody….somewhere has had the same disease.

Anyway, good luck and good hunting.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Hey man, just sounds like the site has a popup, I see the same one on a few different sites.

Is the popup on every website, or just the same bizcoaching website.

What happens if you don’t use that POS browser and instead use one that works and isn’t completely retarded (apologies to retards, I don’t mean to lower your standing to that of IE).

naka
    Participant

It is not a solution to your problem, but who uses IE these days?
    Install Firefox 😀 (or Chrome) and stop using IE.

Tom.K
    Participant

Can you give log and picture of that popup?

We can’t fix it completely if we have no idea what is it precisely.

Hyde911
    Participant

@naka wrote:

Its is not a solution to your problem, but who uses IE these days?

Someone who has even tried latest versions.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@hyde911 wrote:

@naka wrote:

Its is not a solution to your problem, but who uses IE these days?

Someone who has even tried latest versions.

The latest versions suck too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.