This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  comedown 9 years ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #6669

    Viking62
    Participant

    I am a free thinker and I really did’nt have a clue as to my political group affiliation. I can only say that I follow my gut feelings based on what I have studied/learned thus far.
    (I have no affiliation/opinion as to this web site–I just stumbled upon it online) 😉

    Quiz link ➡ http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

    I will start this out by stating(My Score result):

    LIBERTARIANS support maximum liberty in both personal and
    economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one
    that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence.
    Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose
    government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate
    diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.
    **Not bad….The test seems fairly accurate-from a minimalist standpoint**

    #53977

    BigBear
    Participant

    What a shocker, my score came out as a liberal. By swedish standards I am more of a conservative, but then our political landscape is entirely different. A large portion of the people in my country would probably come out as left wing extremists if they did an american political affiliation test. At the same time they would be considered more like slightly left of the center by our standards.

    #53978

    Deathbal
    Participant

    I scored a high end Libertarian. But on the question about the draft. I believe there should be no draft unless there needs to be. So I answered maybe.

    But you are correct BB, it is a matter of perspecive.

    #53982

    pastor of muppets
    Participant

    Wow I don’t believe it I was scored as a conservative (hee hee). I was close to the ol libertarian but fit best as a conservative. I would have never guessed.

    #53983

    Rommel
    Participant

    The Draft:

    People will gladly fill the ranks to defend their country if they believe their country is worth dying to defend. It is only when asked to shed blood for a reason other than this, that a draft becomes required.

    Whether voluntary or forced service, those that would hastily send your children to war, are much more hesitant about sending their own. The fallicy of the draft is that it is fair and just.

    In a just war, in a fair world, the Bush twins would have been among the first to die in battle, and proudly so.

    A. Radical

    #53984

    BOY
    Participant

    @rommel wrote:

    The Draft:

    People will gladly fill the ranks to defend their country if they believe their country is worth dying to defend. It is only when asked to shed blood for a reason other than this, that a draft becomes required.

    Whether voluntary or forced service, those that would hastily send your children to war, are much more hesitant about sending their own. The fallicy of the draft is that it is fair and just.

    In a just war, in a fair world, the Bush twins would have been among the first to die in battle, and proudly so.

    A. Radical

    but you raise the issue of women in combat, which is a separate issue. Either way, all the folk in the army today are volunteers, thereby proving your point that the country is worth defending.

    A draft, if done by lottery is certainly fair, who can argue with the fairness of random chance? As to justice, that is a matter of perspective.

    I don’t need to take the quiz, I know I’m a conservative, labeled by liberals as a war mongering Christian bigot.

    I’d rather be water boarding.

    #53980

    Deathbal
    Participant

    Here is another more in depth test. I fall up 1 and 3 and a half to the right.

    http://www.politicalcompass.org/

    #53981

    Deathbal
    Participant

    @rommel wrote:

    In a just war, in a fair world, the Bush twins would have been among the first to die in battle, and proudly so.

    A. Radical

    To allow your leaders or children of your leaders to die in combat would be the most demoralizing event in any conflict. Not to mention enbolden the enemy. We already have many in the community and politics that already do that. Even worse is to wish it would happen. If there were too many people like that, we would simply not have a country. I blame most of this on our society and how fat and spoiled we truly are, and possibly too hairy as well.

    It’s been a long time since the USA has seen a “push comes to shove” situation. The feeling of ultimate security and a lifestyle that is the USA has led many people to spout out some rediculous comments. Life is good in the USA.

    Furthermore, we have no one to blame but ourselves. We elect our leaders. And I will repeat, the USA has become lazy, fat, hairy, and too comfortable. How many of us vote? What do we get, 55%? How many of those 55% are actually informed? I’d say less than half.

    #53979

    bazzz
    Participant

    what does informed means?
    Any one capable of experiencing the world has been informed at least a little,none have been informed totally.

    That information can be of various qualities, there is true info, distorted info, relevant info, and we create new info ourselves, not only is it hard to interpretate all that info there is no way of measuring it absolutely.

    If i would call those that hold opinons that i dont agree with uninformed i would agree that it is less than half, it would be exactly 0%

    #53986

    Deathbal
    Participant

    @bazzz wrote:

    what does informed means?
    Any one capable of experiencing the world has been informed at least a little,none have been informed totally.

    That information can be of various qualities, there is true info, distorted info, relevant info, and we create new info ourselves, not only is it hard to interpretate all that info there is no way of measuring it absolutely.

    If i would call those that hold opinons that i dont agree with uninformed i would agree that it is less than half, it would be exactly 0%

    Good point. What I meant was, not just totally ignore politics, then go to the polls and vote because you think someone is cool. A lot of people that vote, vote for a candidate and do not know what side of any issue they are on. Because they do not pay attention.

    #53985

    pastor of muppets
    Participant

    True I know quite a few people where I work are voting one way or the other because they were raised democrat, or raised republican and know nothing of either McCain or Obama. One guy was telling me he was voting Obama because of the 700 trillion dollar bail out plan where Obama was going to send 1 million to every person in America over 18 #-o. Proud of these people for voting since a lot of people don’t even bother but….well you get the point.

    #53987

    Deathbal
    Participant

    @pastor of muppets wrote:

    True I know quite a few people where I work are voting one way or the other because they were raised democrat, or raised republican and know nothing of either McCain or Obama. One guy was telling me he was voting Obama because of the 700 trillion dollar bail out plan where Obama was going to send 1 million to every person in America over 18 #-o. Proud of these people for voting since a lot of people don’t even bother but….well you get the point.

    POM is not joking. This actually was a rumor. Only I heard it was 200k. Either way it is impossible.

    #53988

    comedown
    Participant

    @boy wrote:

    Either way, all the folk in the army today are volunteers, thereby proving your point that the country is worth defending.

    What about people who, due to other determining factors such as poverty/unemployment, have no other options than to sign up?

    The country is great for them. I’m sure that’s why they want to “protect” it.

    @boy wrote:

    A draft, if done by lottery is certainly fair, who can argue with the fairness of random chance? As to justice, that is a matter of perspective.

    Just because an imposed draft selects its participants randomly does not mean that it is “fair” to impose it in the first place. Everything is a matter of perspective. People’s perspectives give away their true values.

    @boy wrote:

    I don’t need to take the quiz, I know I’m a conservative, labeled by liberals as a war mongering Christian bigot.

    It’s nice to identify with something. #-o

    It’s nicer to not feel the need to, though. I will also “pass” on the test.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.