This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 11 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

hobbesme
    Participant

The current default number of points for a round win (250) is too rewarding as compared to the number of points for kills (10) & assists (2).

Prior to V40, Scorched3D games were decided, by default, by the player with the most round wins. Ties were decided by the player with most kills; lastly, by most money.

Many players liked this system, especially those who weren’t as skilled or lucky to acquire large number of kills &/or by those who favored long-term game strategy where winning rounds did not always require maximizing the number of player kills.

Other players did not favor the most number of round wins deciding the game winner(s), especially those who usually acquired large numbers of kills each game but who did not finish the game with the most number of round wins.

V40 now awards points to players based on kills, assists, & round wins; & decides games based on the most number of points. This new point system offers the possibility of equalizing the pre-V40 disparity between round wins & number of kills.

Unfortunately, with round wins awarding players (250) points versus each kill awarding only (10) points, the same disparity exists. This 25:1 ratio is enough that even one round win for a player with zero kills will win the game over player(s) with 24 or less kills but NO round wins.

In order to provide a more balanced scoring system to somewhat equalize game winners between high-killers versus round-winners, I propose that round wins be awarded (50) points each. This 5:1 ratio is much more likely to equalize the disparity between high-killers & round-winners.

BOY
    Participant

The current system is very close to the original, a tie in wins gives the victory to player with most kills and assists. this is the way we have always had it, we are all used to it this way.

IMO the best all around way to slice it is make kills worth the most points, while assists are worth about half or less. make wins worth the least but make them worth the most money.

the big thing missing is the money issue, which i meantioned here

this bug really needs to be fixed, a tie in points should go to player with most money.

cbx do you think you can pull that off for us while gav is out?

Bobirov
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

In order to provide a more balanced scoring system to somewhat equalize game winners between high-killers versus round-winners, I propose that round wins be awarded (50) points each. This 5:1 ratio is much more likely to equalize the disparity between high-killers & round-winners.

Believe it or not, that was the exact point setup I had at ApocHQ at v40 launch. 😛

I’ve since bumped it up to 20 pts per kill, 10 pts per assist and 50 pts per win as Apoc is more kill oriented though.

@boy wrote:

this bug really needs to be fixed, a tie in points should go to player with most money.

I agree this should be addressed.

BigBear
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

I’ve since bumped it up to 20 pts per kill, 10 pts per assist and 50 pts per win as Apoc is more kill oriented though.

Kill oriented or no, I’d like to try this on main as well. Maby 60 pts for a win though. 3 kills worth per rnd win seems fair to me.

@boy wrote:

Indeed!

Ebonite
    Participant

You all got it wrong! The person with the most money wins. Period. And every game I’ve been in, Second place isn’t close enough to even matter.

cbx550f
    Participant

@boy wrote:

cbx do you think you can pull that off for us while gav is out?

I’ve been thinking about this too – I wanted to be able to change the basis for the winner on my mod, but yeah, picking “ScoreMoney” has no effect.

I’ll have a look at it, and if I can fix the ScoreType bug, I will, but I’m not making any “policy changes”. 😉

cbx

BOY
    Participant

gavin meantions something I cannont understand in the todo /done list concerning the scoretype. 😕

Bobirov
    Participant

@boy wrote:

gavin meantions something I cannont understand in the todo /done list concerning the scoretype. 😕

You mean this?

Fixed: Score type option now marked as depricated

Just saying that the scoretype setting in server settings is now marked as being no longer valid since winner is chosen based soley on score now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.