This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

How is this determined? I’ve been playing around with a new model (for an existing weapon), and I keep ending up with the smoke and fire originating in the centre of the model.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

cbx

Deathstryker
    Participant

It’s not too big of a projectile is it?

cbx550f
    Participant

Don’t really understand the question – not sure what “too big” means. 😉

I’m making a model for the Death’s Head.

I’ve played around with moving the object’s centre – no dice. I’m wondering if it always originates from the centre, and the “size” of the smoke/fire particles is based on the volume of the bounding box of the model (or some similar such calculation). I’d check the source – but I’m too tired for that – just want to play around. (Worked about 60 hours in the past 4 days or so. 😉

cbx550f
    Participant

I figured it out – and also figured out why there is two entries for the model in the accessories.xml file, ie:

deathhead/deathhead.txt

deathhead/deathhead.txt

The first is the model that is shown in the “preview” pics, and in the weapon window in the game, and the second is the model that is actually used.

The trick with the smoke/fire particle trail centering is to add a “tail” to the model, but only include that tail in the “projectilemodel”. The tail (if coloured decently, will be virtually unnoticable in the game, but would be readily apparent in the preview, thus the two models.
    I think 😉
    So, the smoke trail does start in the centre of the model. Take a close look at the existing Deathhead, and you’ll see what I mean.

cbx

Deathstryker
    Participant

I figured it did. That’s why I asked if your model was too big. Then you could use the scale option to scale it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.