This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

dexterschumi
    Participant

Hey i have an idea to make scorched more interactive
    1.Introduce a player selected entry music when he enters a game!
    2.Try to introduce streaming music.
    3.Try to evolve sum new funny weapons
    4.PLEASE INTRODUCE SUM NEW MAPS!
    5.try to make a game more interactive.
    6 .And most important pls keep this nice game free forever.

coz there are so few nice things in this world that comes free!
    make scorched one among the few!
    Keep rocking scorched team you are the B.E.S.T

B.E.S.T.: Biomechanical Electronic Sabotage Technicians !!!!!

InductiveOne
    Participant

One of the reasons I love s3d so much is that its one of the only games around that can still be played online with a dialup connection. If it were to start streaming, well, anything at all realy, many people would have to stop playing. I would hate to have to stop playing online :[

About new funny weapons, I read that 2 ways. One being, you wish there were new bombs to shoot. To that I say look at a few mods, the official no-mod servers change very slowly and with lots of discussion and all that. There are a ton of mods with drasticly diffrent weapons right now. All you have to do is log onto a server running one and it will download the mod before you play.

You could also mean you wish there were some new weapon primatives (for modding) to which I can do nothing but agree. But, personaly I cant think of any real good ideas for new weapon types that cant already be rigged as is.

With the maps, I mean, same thing about mods. There are tons and tons of maps around and if you have an hour or two to burn why not make a few of you own? Click on the docs icon above and you’ll be able to find instructions to make you own maps/textures.

The game seems pretty interective to me, not realy sure what you mean by that honestly. Oh and the game is only free after you donate something (anything helps!) hehe.

cbx550f
    Participant

@dexterschumi wrote:

Hey i have an idea to make scorched more interactive

Right off the top – I have to agree with some of Indy’s comments that some of this is already available in the mods. 😉

However:

1.Introduce a player selected entry music when he enters a game!

Music in the game is a new feature that will be in the next version. How far this goes, eventually, is anyone’s guess, but at this point I don’t see “player selectable” music entering the scene. (Although, I must admit, it would be pretty cool!)

2.Try to introduce streaming music.

We have a TON of users on low-bandwidth connections – I would hate to comprimise that. Besides, many, MANY, of us like to just play our own tunes while playing the game. 😉
    Cool idea, but I don’t feel the desire for it. 😉

3.Try to evolve sum new funny weapons

As Indy mentioned, there are a plethora of new weapons in the mods. Also, I think the authour (Gavin) kinda wants to keep the “mainstream” reasonably truthfull to the original Scorched Earth. (I could be wrong… never actually asked lol).

Me, personally, I like the line of thought: I like funny new weapons. 🙂

4.PLEASE INTRODUCE SUM NEW MAPS!

I’m always up for new maps. 😀
    We got a couple new ones last version release… perhaps that’s something we should look at for the next.

5.try to make a game more interactive.

It remains to be seen what happens in the mainstream, but many new features are being added for this, inclusing being able to shoot boids and ships. 🙂

6 .And most important pls keep this nice game free forever.

I don’t think you have any worries on that one. 😀

cbx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.